Connect with us

FEATURED

Buhari Opens Up On Obasanjo Claim On Insecurity, Says ‘I’m Having Sleepless Nights’

Published

on

President Muhammadu Buhari seems to have admitted to claims by former president Chief Olusegun Obasanjo concerning insecurity across the country posing a tough time for the administration.

BIGPENNGR.COM reports that Chief Obasanjo had lamented earlier last month in Abeokuta, at the wake of the bombing of an Abuja-Kaduna train, that insecurity in the country has overwhelmed the Buhari’s administration.

“So, if anybody comes to say I want to see you, I want to talk to you, I will say ‘you’re welcome’. This is because I believe very strongly, and I have said it publicly and I will say it again that the situation we are in this country is not a situation, where one man will say, yes, he has a solution, unless we are deceiving ourselves. I believe we need to sit down collectively and look at the situation.

“A situation where you are not safe on the road, you are not safe on the train, you are not safe at the airport, shows a very serious situation. I believe that all right-thinking Nigerians must know that we have a situation that has overwhelmed the present administration, but we should not allow that situation to overwhelm Nigeria.”, the Nigeria’s former president had said.

Although this claims have since been refuted by the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, President Buhari who on Monday joined other Muslim faithful at the parade ground of the Mambila Barracks, Abuja, to perform the Eid-el-Fitr prayer, while responding to questions briefly after the prayer session, admitted to having sleepless nights over the security situation in parts of the country.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the Nigerian leader, accompanied by some of his family members and personnel aides, arrived at the venue of the event at about 9.00 a.m.

Others at the praying ground included some members of the Federal Executive Council, security chiefs, heads of para-military organisations, and government officials.

Advertisement
Article Banner

The two-raka’at prayer was led by the Chief Imam of the Barracks, Muhammad Dahey-Shuwa, who spoke on the significance and spiritual values of the just-concluded Ramadan fast.

Dahey-Shuwa, in his sermon, also prayed for peace and stability of the country, calling on citizens to continue to pray and support the nation’s security agencies in their fight against terrorism and violent crimes across the country.

Buhari, however, promised to spare no efforts in dealing decisively and mercilessly with the criminal gangs.

On the forthcoming general elections, the president reaffirmed the commitment of his administration to a free, fair, and transparent process.

The president had, throughout the period of the Ramadan, joined the Muslim faithful at the State House Mosque in interpreting the Qur’an (Tafsir)

Buhari, who took part in the daily exercise, had also used his evenings to host guests from cross-sections of the country to Iftar (breaking of fast).

Advertisement
Article Banner

The president’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Shehu Garba, in a statement in Abuja, said the president used the occasions to practise the values projected by Ramadan.

These, according to him, include the promotion of discipline and personal sacrifice, care, and love for the less fortunate, promotion of national unity and support for the Armed Forces as they strive to end terrorism and other crimes in the country.

Monday’s Eid prayer was the first time the president would observe the session outside the Presidential villa since the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, two years ago.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment
NEWS8 hours ago

Ogorugba Congratulates Ashakah, Ozue on Their Emergence as APC Candidates Isoko North Constituencies I and II

COMMUNITY REPORT13 hours ago

We’re Providing Improved Power Supply, Incentives, Infrastructure to Support Farmers, Investors – Oborevwori

Akpeki
FEATURED21 hours ago

APC Releases List of Presidential Campaign Council; Appoints Yari as DG, Uzodimma Secretary (FULL LIST)

FEATURES21 hours ago

Fire Guts Popular SPAR Outlet in Calabar

FEATURES1 day ago

UPDATED: Tinubu Orders Arrest of Nwabueze, Suspension of 3 Perm Sec. as ICPC Uncovers Another Fake Office in OSGF

FEATURES1 day ago

Why FBI Seeks Secret Court Filing Over Withheld Records Linked to Tinubu

FEATURES1 day ago

Wike to Atiku And Obi: My Mission Is To Beat You Thoroughly And Make You Sick

Defense and Security1 day ago

Tragedy in Ondo as 4 Amotekun Officers Killed in Deadly Ambush

FEATURED1 day ago

Oborevwori Appoints Sakpra GM, Delta Social Investment Programme

ENTERTAINMENT2 days ago

Rockson Igelige, Intellectual Property Lawyer, Dies at 55

COMMUNITY REPORT2 days ago

Isoko South Takes Delivery of 125 KVA Mini Farm Solar Power Supply for New Secretariat

FEATURED2 days ago

‎2027: Lagos APC Declares Readiness, Says ‘Tinubu’s Journey to Victory Has Begun’

COMMUNITY REPORT2 days ago

Ogorugba Lauds Oborevwori on Newly Inaugurated Ozoro Ultra-Modern Market

Omo-Agege
FEATURED2 days ago

Omo-Agege: How an Assassination Squad Attacked NDC Campaign, Threatened to Kill Me and My Coordinator in Delta

FEATURES2 days ago

Demonstration Of Ignorance — Tinubu Rejects Subsidy Restoration Demands

Advertisement
Advertisement

z

   


Article Banner