Connect with us

FEATURED

JUST IN: ‘Unknown’ Naval Personnel Abducted In Delta

Published

on

A security officer suspected to be a Nigerian ‘Navy personnel’ have been abducted by unknown gunmen along the Sapele-Warri Expressway in Delta state.

The ‘officer’ simply identified as Kola Omoniyi was captured on Monday, October 29, 2018 after he reportedly drove a Toyota Picnic vehicle heading toward Warri.

The officer believed to be on a course study at Naval Engineering College, Sapele was on his way to Warri when the hoodlums pounced on him, taking him away to unknown destination.

BigPen Online learnt, in a report sourced from the the Nation newspaper that officers of the navy formations in the state who ought to known the exact naval unit the abductee is posted had evaded journalists enquiries.

According to the newspaper, the exact naval unit Omoniyi serves could not be ascertained as either with the Nigerian Navy Ship (NNS) Delta, Warri or the Nigerian Navy College of Engineering in Sapele who ought to volunteer information about his status were evasive when contacted for information.

The newspaper reports that while officers reached at the NNS Delta in Warri pushed queries from journalists away, saying the incident had nothing to do with the base; the person reached at Sapele navy base could not volunteer any helpful information.

Advertisement
Article Banner

As at the time of filing this report, the newspaper reported, men of the Delta state police command were still combing the adjoining areas of the point of attack, with a view to rescuing the victim unhurt.

The newspaper also reported that when contacted, spokesman of the Navy College of Engineering, Sub. Lt. L Gotodok, said he was not in a position to speak on the issue, and directed the reporter to reach out to the institution’s Director of Administrations.

However, the spokesman of the Delta police command, DSP Andrew Aniamaka, confirmed that one Omoniyi K.D was abducted on Monday, adding that efforts were on to get him rescued.

“There’s a report of kidnap. The person allegedly kidnapped is a Seaman. His name is Omoniyi K D. He was last seen in the evening of 29th when he drove out of the Naval Engineering College, Sapele in his Toyota Picnic vehicle.

“The hoodlums called with his old number and are demanding for four million naira. The Police is doing everything possible with all the relevant Security Agencies towards his rescue and the apprehension of the hoodlums”, said.

Aniamaka confirmed that some arrests had been made in connection to the abduction, although he would not disclose how many persons have been arrested.

Advertisement
Article Banner

“Our concerns at this moment is seeing that the victim is secured out of the den of the kidnappers, unhurt and see that everyone involved in the crime is made to face the law”, he said.

 

FEATURED3 hours ago

Oil Resumption: MOSOP Assures Ogoni People of a Good Deal, Announces Minor Cabinet Changes

Defense and Security5 hours ago

Tinubu Assigns Famadewa to Lead Service Chiefs, Ribadu for 5-Year National Security Threat Assessment, Defence Strategy Development

FEATURES6 hours ago

2027: Extend Your Love For Me To President Tinubu, Oborevwori Tells Religious Leaders

FEATURES6 hours ago

Oborevwori Sets to Inaugurate Perm Secretaries Quarters Today

FEATURES7 hours ago

Omo-Agege Warns Delta Gov: You’ll be Held Responsible If My Family or I Come Under Attack as Campaigns Begin

Defense and Security16 hours ago

Nigerian Navy Boosts Maritime Defense as CNS Inaugurates State-of-the-Art SSV-KALI 3 Vessel Built in Delta

secure number one position
FEATURES18 hours ago

Osogbo Shooting — Police Confirm 60-Year-Old Man Dead, Vows to Arrest Suspects

FEATURED20 hours ago

Tinubu Appoints Enitan as New Head of Civil Service as Walson-Jack Bows Out

FEATURES20 hours ago

Onaiyakan Breaks Silence Over Presidency’s Diatribe, Declares ‘I Am Unshaken, Fear No One’

Defense and Security22 hours ago

BREAKING: Governor Adeleke ‘Escapes Death’ as Gunmen Attack Convoy in Osogbo

Defense and Security23 hours ago

UNICEF Demands Urgent Release of 78 Abducted Borno Schoolchildren

secure number one position
FEATURES24 hours ago

FCT Police Arrest 40 Over Traffic Robbery, Kidnapping, Armed Robbery

FEATURES1 day ago

‘No Ban On Nigerians’ — South Africa Dismisses Visa Stoppage Rumours

BUSINESS2 days ago

BOI Applauds Tinubu’s Reforms for Success of N250 Billion Bond

FEATURES2 days ago

Tinubu Warns Politicians: No Ethnic or Religious Politics Ahead of 2027

Advertisement
Advertisement

z

   


Article Banner