Connect with us

FEATURED

Train Attack: Kidnapper ‘Falls In Love’ With 21-yrs Victim, Plans To Marry Her Like Case Of Leah Sharibu – Gumi’s Aide

Published

on

…Says additional four abductees, including 90-year grandmother have been released

Sheikh Ahmed Gumi’s media consultant, Mallam Tukur Mamu has disclosed that Kidnappers of the passengers of the ill fated Abuja-Kaduna bound Train on March 28 have concluded plans to marry off one of the female hostages to their leader.

In a statement on Friday, Mamu said the leader of the terrorists has fallen in love with one Azurfa Lois John, and called on the federal government and the leadership of Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) to intensify every effort to rescue the embattled lady as quickly as possible.

This was even as he informed that additional four abductees have been released, leaving behind 23 still in captivity.

“This is to alert the federal government and especially the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) that I can confirm through credible information at my disposal that if urgent action is not taken to immediately secure the release of the youngest victim of the train attack, a 21 year old Azurfa Lois John, the abductors as they have done in the case of Leah Sharibu are planning to marry her any moment from now.

“One of the top commanders is said to be in love with her. This important information should be treated with the urgency it deserves. Even though I know that releasing this information will not only unsettle her immediate family and loved ones but Nigerians as a whole, it is necessary to do so to avoid the repeat of Leah Sharibu’s case.

Advertisement

“I advise CAN in particular not to politicized this issue or reduce it to mere press releases as I have seen in the past but to work closely with relevant authorities to engage the abductors on her case as soon as possible before it is late.

“I pray that in view of the uncertainties which is becoming alarming, the federal government will also act very fast to ensure the release of all the remaining victims.

“I can confirm that earlier on Friday, four additional victims of the train attack were released by their abductors. The four released victims just left my office. They said they came collectively to thank me for the past efforts I made to mediate on their behalf and for convincing their abductors to drop the threats of executing them and to plead for all stakeholders especially the federal government to intensify efforts as the condition of the remaining 23 victims they left at the forest is pathetic.

“Amongst those that were released on Friday includes the oldest victim, a grandmother, Mama Halimatu Atta. She is 90 years old. Also released is her daughter, 53 year old married woman, Adama Atta Aliyu, (the woman that was bravely shown in the last video protesting and challenging her captors and lamenting failure to secure their release).

“The victim that first suggested my name to the abductors, as one of those to be contacted to mediate between them and the federal government, Mohammed Sani Abdulmaji (M.S Ustaz) and a Sokoto indigene, Alhaji Modin Modi Bodinga were also released on Friday”. The statement said.

(Daily Sun, excluding headline)

Advertisement

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment
FEATURED12 hours ago

How Orubebe and Jonathan Came Close to Losing Their Lives for Amnesty

COMMUNITY REPORT2 days ago

DSCTDA Sustains Cleanup Exercise at Koka Bridge

FEATURED2 days ago

el-Rufai Moved from EFCC to ICPC Detention Facility Over Ongoing Investigations

FEATURED2 days ago

COAS Advocates for Sustainable Veterans’ Welfare Systems Backed by Law

Profiled
FEATURED2 days ago

Alleged $6bn Mambilla Fraud: Agunloye Knew Sunrise Power Owner, Leno Adesanya Before Ministerial Appointment – EFCC Witness

FEATURED2 days ago

Two Arraigned for Alleged N143million Fraud in Benin-City

FEATURED2 days ago

Court Grants EFCC Interim Attachment Order on Nine Mineral-Laden Trucks Impounded in Ilorin

POLITICS2 days ago

Isoko North Chairman Commends Peaceful Conduct of APC Council Ward Congresses

FEATURED2 days ago

Tinubu Signs Order to Eliminate NNPCL’S Deductions, Direct Remittance of Oil Revenues to Federation Account

FEATURED2 days ago

Electoral Act: It’s Not About Politics, It’s About Process – Tinubu

FEATURED2 days ago

NDPC Probes Temu for Alleged Violation of Data Protection Act

BUSINESS2 days ago

How FairMoney is Powering the Next Generation of Nigerian SMEs, By James Edeh

FEATURED3 days ago

Cross-Sector Budget Defense: Sen. Nwoko’s Ensures Active Engagement to Enhance Transparent Resource Allocation

FEATURED3 days ago

NSCDC Apprehends 10 Vandals, Kidnappers in Abuja

COMMUNITY REPORT3 days ago

Isoko South Chairman Hands Over 100 Pieces of Chairs Donated to Enwhe Comprehensive High School

Advertisement
Advertisement

z