Connect with us

FEATURED

Why IGP Withdrew Multi Billion Naira Fraud Charges Against Chevron’s Contractor In Delta

Published

on

By Emma Arubi; Warri

The Inspector General of Police,IGP, has withdrawn the multi-billion naira fraudulent charges it filed against JAD group, a Chevron Nigeria Limited contractor in Warri South-West LGA of Delta State.

The IGP in Charge No:FHC/ABJ/466/2024 between Inspector General of Police as Complainant and Rida Mohammed Jaffa, Benard Agbomiyeri, Radi Sadek and Jad Construction Limited as Defendants respectively had notified the Federal High Court, Abuja of “Notice of Withdrawal of This Charge Brought in Pursuant to Section 108 of The Administration of Criminal Justice Act (ACJA) 2015 dated 20th December, 2024 stating that “… the Complaint withdraws all the charges in this case against the above named Defendants”.

Police sources further revealed that the defendants had earlier been cleared by the Police as well as the Director of Public Prosecution, DPP, of any wrong doing, stating that they were wrongly arraigned in court through the back door fraudulently with the assistance of a senior police officer, who is a DCP at the FHQ Abuja.

It is further alleged that the said DCP has perpetually remain as the head of police investigation on Ugborodo crisis over the years.

According to one source who pleaded anonymity, it was when they discover the wrong arraignment that the police authorities wrote to the court to withdraw the charges.

The notice of withdrawal is stamped and signed by Ommosun Mathew Esq and 4 others of the Legal/Prosecution Section,FHQ Abuja.

Advertisement
Article Banner

The IGP had in 2024 approached the Abuja Federal High Court with a five count charges against the defendants bordering on alleged diversion, fraud and stealing of billions of Ugborodo Community funds upon which the matter was adjourn to 28th January, 2025 for arraignment of the defendants.

But at the resume hearing of the matter Tuesday, investigation revealed that the matter did not go on because the prosecution counsel was not in court and the presiding judge held that he must be present in court to move the notice of withdrawal.

The matter was therefore adjourned to March 25, 2025.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment
NEWS3 hours ago

Ogorugba Congratulates Ashakah, Ozue on Their Emergence as APC Candidates Isoko North Constituencies I and II

COMMUNITY REPORT7 hours ago

We’re Providing Improved Power Supply, Incentives, Infrastructure to Support Farmers, Investors – Oborevwori

Akpeki
FEATURED15 hours ago

APC Releases List of Presidential Campaign Council; Appoints Yari as DG, Uzodimma Secretary (FULL LIST)

FEATURES15 hours ago

Fire Guts Popular SPAR Outlet in Calabar

FEATURES19 hours ago

UPDATED: Tinubu Orders Arrest of Nwabueze, Suspension of 3 Perm Sec. as ICPC Uncovers Another Fake Office in OSGF

FEATURES1 day ago

Why FBI Seeks Secret Court Filing Over Withheld Records Linked to Tinubu

FEATURES1 day ago

Wike to Atiku And Obi: My Mission Is To Beat You Thoroughly And Make You Sick

Defense and Security1 day ago

Tragedy in Ondo as 4 Amotekun Officers Killed in Deadly Ambush

FEATURED1 day ago

Oborevwori Appoints Sakpra GM, Delta Social Investment Programme

ENTERTAINMENT1 day ago

Rockson Igelige, Intellectual Property Lawyer, Dies at 55

COMMUNITY REPORT2 days ago

Isoko South Takes Delivery of 125 KVA Mini Farm Solar Power Supply for New Secretariat

FEATURED2 days ago

‎2027: Lagos APC Declares Readiness, Says ‘Tinubu’s Journey to Victory Has Begun’

COMMUNITY REPORT2 days ago

Ogorugba Lauds Oborevwori on Newly Inaugurated Ozoro Ultra-Modern Market

Omo-Agege
FEATURED2 days ago

Omo-Agege: How an Assassination Squad Attacked NDC Campaign, Threatened to Kill Me and My Coordinator in Delta

FEATURES2 days ago

Demonstration Of Ignorance — Tinubu Rejects Subsidy Restoration Demands

Advertisement
Advertisement

z

   


Article Banner