Connect with us

FEATURED

Alleged N33.8bn Fraud: How More Than N22bn Was Siphoned From Federal Ministry Of Power – BDC Operator

Published

on

Abdullahi Suleman, a bureau de change operator, has narrated how more than N22 billion was allegedly siphoned from the Federal Ministry of Power while former Minister of Power, Saleh Mamman was Minister.

Suleman, 8th witness, PW8 in the trial of former Minister of Power, Saleh Mamman revealed this on Wednesday, January 22, 2025 at the Federal High Court, Abuja, presided over by Justice James Omotosho.

He said the naira equivalent of the money was exchanged for United States dollars through his business accounts.

Mamman is being prosecuted by the EFCC on a 12-count charge bordering on conspiracy to commit money laundering to the tune of N33,804,830,503.73 (Thirty-three Billion, Eight Hundred and Four Million, Eight Hundred and Thirty Thousand, Five Hundred and Three Naira, Seventy-three Kobo).

At Wednesday’s proceedings, Suleiman, while being led in evidence by prosecution counsel, Rotimi Oyedepo, SAN narrated that about 12 of his business accounts received money from the Federal Ministry of Power without carrying out any service, contact or project. His companies; Prymint Investment Limited, Strong Field International Projects Limited, Mintedge Nigeria Limited, First Class Construction and Project, Silverline Ocean Ventures, Golden Bond Nigeria Limited, Sipikin Global Enterprise, Spinhiills Biz International limited, Fullest Utility Concepts Limited, Platinum Touch Enterprises, Breathable Investment Limited and a company owned by his brother named Gurupche Business Enterprises were used for the transactions.

“I know Alhaji Maina Goje, we are in the same business, sometimes in 2019, Maina Goje met me that he has transaction that I should give him some of my account numbers, the first account I gave him was Fullest, he will send money and I will give him dollars, he started asking for more accounts, he will tell me what to do with the transactions, I will get the dollar and give him and sometimes I will do a transfer to other accounts. We have been working together since then till 2024. From my rough calculations, the amount I have received through the transactions will be more than 22 billion naira. Also Maina used to send someone called Musbhu anytime he was not available, he would send him and give me instructions on what to do with him, we do call him Yaro Minister because he is from Saleh Mamman”, he said.

Advertisement

Continuing, “ I also know Mr Mustapha Muhammed, Goje told me that he is his oga, I didn’t know him before until Maina Goje introduced him to me, then I learnt he works with Federal Ministry of Housing and instructed that anytime they can’t reach him, I should give him the amount of dollars he requested”

When shown Exhibit X series, which contained bank statements generated from his companies showing evidence of money inflows into his bank accounts with Strong Field international Projects Limited, Mintedge Nigeria Limited, Prymint Investment Limited, the witness admitted that they were the accounts he gave Maina Goje.

Among some of the notable transactions shown to him on the accounts were; N285,983,285 received on 24th May 2021, N278, 248.611 on 26th May 2021, , N320m on 1st January, 2021, 184m on 18 June, 2021, N178,300,285 on 14th July 2021, , N75,420, 000 on 5th August 2021, N75,120,000 on 1st December 2021, N68,150,620 and N70,650 on 15th December 2021, N90,247,395 on 12th Jan 2022, N64, 747,627 on 16 February 2022, among others and he agreed receiving them.

Earlier, a Compliance Officer from FCMB presented and tendered bank statements and attachments in a reply letter to the EFCC dated August 16, 2024 in respect of Prymint Investments Limited, Platinum Touch Enterprises, Royal Perimeter Ventures, Golden Bond Nigeria Limited, Flex Utility Concepts Limited, Bentech Nigeria Limited admitted and marked Exhibit XTUB.

The judge adjourned the matter to 23 January, 2024 for continuation of hearing.

Advertisement

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment
FEATURED16 hours ago

BREAKING: DSS Slams el-Rufai With 3-count Charges at FHC for ‘intercepting’ NSA Ribadu’s Phone Conversation

FEATURED17 hours ago

Tinubu Deploys Shettima-led FG Delegation to Kano Over Biggest Market Fire Disaster

Akpeki
FEATURED18 hours ago

Crisis Rocks Delta North APC as Ward Chairmen Demand Suspension of Congress Over Alleged Imposition

Akpeki
FEATURED21 hours ago

Delta APC Leaders Petition Warri South West LGA Over Alleged Imposition, Constitutional Violations by Ward Chairman

El-Rufai
FEATURED2 days ago

N’Delta Coalition Calls for Immediate Arrest, Probe of El-Rufai Over NSA Phone Tapping Claim

FEATURED2 days ago

Tinubu, Oborevwori Rally Support for Nigeria’s Police at Asaba Police Games Opening

METRO2 days ago

Troops Sustains Offensive Pressure, Kills Score of Terrorists, Recover Arms, Logistics Items

COMMUNITY REPORT2 days ago

Delta Community Pays “Thank You Visit” to Council Boss

FEATURED2 days ago

I’ll Be President But I stand for PBAT and Gov Oborevwori’s Re-election 2027 – Ex-Minister Orubebe

NEWS3 days ago

Oborevwori Eulogies Ovie of Uvwie Kingdom on 18th Coronation Anniversary

NEWS3 days ago

Oborevwori Hails Ex-Vanguard Editor, Mideno Bayagbon at 65

FEATURED3 days ago

Oborevwori Emerges Overall New Telegraph Governor Of The Year 2025

Preliminary Voter Register
FEATURED3 days ago

Controversy Trails 2027 Election Dates During Ramadan as INEC Confirms February 20, 2027, for Presidential Polls and March 6 for Gubernatorial Elections

FEATURED3 days ago

Delta Awards Scholarship to Children of Deceased Civil Servants as Oborevwori Approves 2025 Bursary for Students

FEATURED3 days ago

Nigeria Secures Permanent Seat on the Board of African Central Bank

Advertisement
Advertisement

z