Connect with us

FEATURED

‘How Can All This Land Be Given To Igboman’ – Inside Details Of How FCT Minister, Nyesom Wike, Brought Multimillion Estate To Rubble

Published

on

Emperor Nyesom Wike, the FCT Minister





… Anambra-born Developer, Ukachukwu, reacts to Wike’s impunity

Anambra-born estate developer, Chief Nicholas Ukachukwu, has spoken out about the demolition of his estate in the Asokoro district of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja. Ukachukwu revealed that the demolition was ordered by FCT Minister, Nyesom Wike, who allegedly exclaimed, “How can all this land be given to an Igboman?”

The estate developer expressed his frustration, stating that the demolition was carried out without any court order, despite two pending court orders protecting the property.

The estate, spanning 214 hectares of land, was demolished in the presence of heavily armed security personnel, including soldiers, policemen, and personnel from the NSCDC. The destruction left behind a heap of rubble, reducing the buildings to ruins. Ukachukwu pleaded for President Bola Tinubu to intervene and protect the substantial investment made in the property.

Advertisement

According to AIT, the property sitting on 214 hectares of land was demolished on Wednesday in the presence of heavily armed security operatives including soldiers, policemen and personnel of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC).

After about six hours, the buildings some of which had got to the window level and the fence had been pulled down and all that was left was a heap of rubble.

Speaking in an interview with the channel, the Anambra-born businessman called on President Bola Tinubu to intervene and save the multi-million-naira invested in the property.

Advertisement

He claimed that the property was demolished because it was owned by an Igbo man, and not because the company violated any law, as all legal titles had been sorted and obtained before commencing development of the property.

Claiming that the demolition was done in bad fate, Ukachukwu said: “Wike called for a meeting over the land, we went with our documents after seeing what we had with our lawyer and other company, Sunrise which they gave part of that land. Wike said that there is nothing on this that the court should take its effect.

“After going around the land, in his normal ways of behaviour, Wike started shouting; how will they take all this land and give it to an Igbo man? Then, the next thing we saw was the demolition of the buildings without a court order.”

Advertisement

According to him, all the legal titles of the property had been obtained including two ministerial approvals, and letters from the immediate past FCT Minister, Mohammed Musa Bello.

He said, “We went through all due process including ministerial approval. We have the full final title document, letter of offer and Certificate of Occupancy.L

“As I’m talking to you, we have not received any document revoking the property or even the reason for the demolition. The only thing we saw was the demolition, the title has not been revoked and we have not been served any notice.”

Advertisement

He insisted that the action of the minister ran contrary to two pending court orders restraining any action by the FCT on the land.

He said, “Two separate courts issued a different court order restraining him from tampering or doing anything in that property but all of sudden Wike now moved all the ‘caterpillars’ (bulldozers) in Abuja and went and started pulling those properties that we have invested billions into down.”

He called on President Tinubu to intervene in the matter to protect the rights of genuine investors and businessmen. “I am calling on Mr President, who I know has nothing to do with the tribe to call Wike to order or remove this man before he brings disdain to his administration.

Advertisement

When SaharaReporters contacted the spokesman for the FCTA, Mr Tony Ogunleye, for a reaction on the demolition, he said he had no information about the demolition.

Ogunleye, however, noted that the FCT Administration doesn’t demolish properties based on the tribe, religion or section of the country the owner comes from.

He said: “The truth is that I don’t know the details of this particular case. I don’t have details at all, so I can’t comment from an uninformed position in terms of what happened. But rest assured that I will find out.

Advertisement

“However, definitely there’s no way properties will be demolished because the owner or purported owner is from one section of the country or the other.

“No! The FCT administration doesn’t operate in that manner. Before any property is removed definitely they must have gone through due process. And that property must have violated one Land Use Act or the other. But like I said, I don’t have details of this particular case.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Click to comment

COVID-19 STATS

Advertisement
Advertisement