Connect with us

FEATURED

BREAKING: Heavy Shooting As Soldiers On Peace Mission, Irate Youths Clash In Delta; Army Commander, Two Majors, 13 Soldiers, Many Civilians Killed

Published

on

A spree of killings have encased Okuama and Okoloba communities, both in Delta State, leaving in its trail death of uncounted civilians and military personnel.

BIGPEN NIGERIA (https://bigpenngr.com) reports that so far a commanding officer, two majors and 13 soldiers have benn reporredly killed by irate youths who are at each other jugular in the two warring communities.

The Director, Defence Information, Brigadier General Tukur Gusau, who confirmed the killing of the military personnel deployed for a peacekeeping mission to two warring communities in Ughelli South and Bomadi LGA of Delta State, said that the Chief of Defence Staff, General CG Musa, has ordered the immediate arrest and investigation of all those involved.

He said, “The troops of 181 Amphibious Batallion, Bomadi Local Government Area of Delta State, while on a peace mission to Okuoma community in Bomadi LGA of Delta State were surrounded by some community youths and killed on Thursday, March 14, 2024.

“The unfortunate incident occurred when the troops responded to a distress call after the communal crisis between the Okuama and Okoloba communities, both in Delta State.

“The reinforcement team led by the commanding officer was also attacked, leading to the deaths of the commanding officer, two majors, one captain, and 12 soldiers.

“The Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), General Christopher Gwabin Musa, has directed the immediate investigation and arrest of those involved in the heinous crime.

Advertisement
Article Banner

“The occurrence has been reported to the Delta State Government.

“However, the military remains focused and committed to its mandate of maintaining peace and security in the country.
“So far, a few arrests have been made while steps are being taken to unravel the motive behind the attack”.

Meanwhile, the vice president general of the Okuama community, David Akata, has accused the Nigeria Army of invasion of the community saying that the “unknown gunmen” who turned out to be Nigeria Army, shot sporadically at anyone in sight leaving three indigenes dead and several others injured.

He disclosed that his community recorded three casualties with many others injured and houses set ablaze as the armed men in military uniforms wreak havoc allegedly in Okuama community from a speedboat.

According to Akata, “The armed men suspected to be Nigeria Army on Friday, March 14, 2024, carried out the genocide on the citizens of the community by setting their buildings and properties ablaze with chanting of war songs.

“We woke up to see our community surrounded with men in military uniform numbering in their tens and without just no reason they started shooting at sight leading to the death of three promising youths of the community and several others injured from gun bullets. The same military men repeated their genocide actions on the innocent and law-abiding citizens of the Okuama community on Friday, March 15, 2024, leaving many buildings to their rumbles as they carried offensive arson on the community buildings.

Advertisement
Article Banner

“As I speak, the number of persons who died in the barbaric attack could not be ascertained as many of the aged men, women, and youths fled into the nearby bushes and, and we suspect that some women and children might have drowned in the river because many ran into the river out of panic. This is disheartening that the Delta State government and security operatives in the state with a lackadaisical approach have not been able to quell the crisis between the two communities. We entered a peace accord with the state government and security operative in the state.

“We stand by the accord but often times the Okoloba people harassed our people by assaulting them, and our pleas on the state government to expedite action and called the Okolobians to order fell on deaf ears allowing the Okoloba community people to use their mercenaries military uniforms and bandits to kill our people”.

BIGPEN NIGERIA reports that the crisis snowballed on January 27, 2024 after three persons identified as, Igho Meshack, Godspower Awusa and Okiemute Agbabuleke was gruesomely murdered.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment
Defense and Security9 hours ago

Nigerian Navy Boosts Maritime Defense as CNS Inaugurates State-of-the-Art SSV-KALI 3 Vessel Built in Delta

secure number one position
FEATURES10 hours ago

Osogbo Shooting — Police Confirm 60-Year-Old Man Dead, Vows to Arrest Suspects

FEATURED12 hours ago

Tinubu Appoints Enitan as New Head of Civil Service as Walson-Jack Bows Out

FEATURES12 hours ago

Onaiyakan Breaks Silence Over Presidency’s Diatribe, Declares ‘I Am Unshaken, Fear No One’

Defense and Security14 hours ago

BREAKING: Governor Adeleke ‘Escapes Death’ as Gunmen Attack Convoy in Osogbo

Defense and Security16 hours ago

UNICEF Demands Urgent Release of 78 Abducted Borno Schoolchildren

secure number one position
FEATURES16 hours ago

FCT Police Arrest 40 Over Traffic Robbery, Kidnapping, Armed Robbery

FEATURES21 hours ago

‘No Ban On Nigerians’ — South Africa Dismisses Visa Stoppage Rumours

BUSINESS1 day ago

BOI Applauds Tinubu’s Reforms for Success of N250 Billion Bond

FEATURES1 day ago

Tinubu Warns Politicians: No Ethnic or Religious Politics Ahead of 2027

COMMUNITY REPORT1 day ago

Tantita Has Boosted Nigeria’s Oil Revenue, Employed Over 10.000 N’Delta Youths – Consultant

FEATURES2 days ago

Jonathan Warns Serving Govs, Others to Stop Converging on States with ‘Army of Aides’ During Off-circle Elections

Wike
FEATURES2 days ago

‘If Tinubu Didn’t Allow Free Poll, Adeleke Wouldn’t Have Won’ — Wike

political structure
FEATURES2 days ago

Abuja Water Channels: Wike Vows ‘No One Will Be Spared’ in Demolition Operation

FEATURED2 days ago

APC Primaries: Ejele Sets to Withdraw Suit Against Senator Joel-Onowakpo

Advertisement
Advertisement

z

   


Article Banner