Connect with us

FEATURED

Timi Frank Raises Alarm Over Alleged Plot To Sabotage Probe Of Ikoyi Building Collapse

Published

on

Timi Frank

A former Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Timi Frank, on Saturday, raised the alarm over plot to sabotage investigations into a 21-storey building collapsed recently at Ikoyi, Lagos State.

Frank in a statement in Abuja said despite the setting up of a panel of inquiry to unravel the immediate and remote causes of the building collapse by the Governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, he has credible information that the files containing relevant approvals and title deeds of the plot are now missing from the Lagos State Land Registry.

He insisted that some officials of the Lagos State Government are working behind the scenes in collaboration with the true owners of the building to frustrate the probe panel, chaired by Toyin Ayinde, the president of the National Institute of Town Planners.

He said the aim of the hatchet jobbers is to shield the owners of the building believed to be top government officials by blocking the panel’s access to relevant documents at the Lagos State Land Registry that would help to unravel the truth about the ownership and circumstances that led to the caving in of the edifice under construction.

Frank, who is the United Liberation Movement for West Papua (ULMWP), Ambassador to East Africa and Middle East, challenged Sanwo-Olu to cause all documents and files pertaining to the plot to be publicly delivered to the panel and equally publish same in Newspapers to reassure Nigerians that the files containing the relevant documents have not been confiscated.

He called on Governor Sanwo-Olu to provide urgent answers to the following questions: “Who gave approval for the premises to be reopened after it was sealed for four months last year due to observed anomalies by agents of the Lagos State Government?

Advertisement
Article Banner

“Who are those powerful forces from above that put pressure on the Lagos State Government to reopen the premises for continuation of work.

“Why was the General Manager of the Lagos State Building Control Agency (LASBCA), Gbolahan Oki, hastily suspended indefinitely following the collapse of the building without waiting for the penal duly constituted by the State Government to carry out its assignment and submit a report?

“Again, who are those that already bought up the apartments in the structure that was under construction?”

He insisted that Nigerians need to know the Government officials who invested taxpayers money in the building and those who bought the apartments.

 

Advertisement
Article Banner
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment
COMMUNITY REPORT1 hour ago

Ogorugba Lauds Oborevwori on Newly Inaugurated Ozoro Ultra-Modern Market

Omo-Agege
FEATURED3 hours ago

Omo-Agege: How an Assassination Squad Attacked NDC Campaign, Threatened to Kill Me and My Coordinator in Delta

FEATURES5 hours ago

Demonstration Of Ignorance — Tinubu Rejects Subsidy Restoration Demands

FEATURED6 hours ago

‘Take Me Back to Senate’ — Omo-Agege Flags Off 2027 Campaign, Slams Oborevwori ‎

FEATURES8 hours ago

Sowore Blasts Adeleke Over Tinubu Visit Amid Osun Violence

FEATURED9 hours ago

Tinubu Receives Re-Elected Adeleke at Aso Rock, First Meeting Since Osun Victory

FEATURED15 hours ago

Oil Resumption: MOSOP Assures Ogoni People of a Good Deal, Announces Minor Cabinet Changes

Defense and Security17 hours ago

Tinubu Assigns Famadewa to Lead Service Chiefs, Ribadu for 5-Year National Security Threat Assessment, Defence Strategy Development

FEATURES17 hours ago

2027: Extend Your Love For Me To President Tinubu, Oborevwori Tells Religious Leaders

FEATURES17 hours ago

Oborevwori Sets to Inaugurate Perm Secretaries Quarters Today

FEATURES18 hours ago

Omo-Agege Warns Delta Gov: You’ll be Held Responsible If My Family or I Come Under Attack as Campaigns Begin

Defense and Security1 day ago

Nigerian Navy Boosts Maritime Defense as CNS Inaugurates State-of-the-Art SSV-KALI 3 Vessel Built in Delta

secure number one position
FEATURES1 day ago

Osogbo Shooting — Police Confirm 60-Year-Old Man Dead, Vows to Arrest Suspects

FEATURED1 day ago

Tinubu Appoints Enitan as New Head of Civil Service as Walson-Jack Bows Out

FEATURES1 day ago

Onaiyakan Breaks Silence Over Presidency’s Diatribe, Declares ‘I Am Unshaken, Fear No One’

Advertisement
Advertisement

z

   


Article Banner