Connect with us

FEATURED

N’Delta’s ex-Warlord, Tompolo Stages Protest In Warri, Moves To Reclaim Properties Under EFCC’s Siege

Published

on

government ekpemupolo





Former Niger Delta ex-militant warlord, Chief Government Ekpemupolo (alias Tompolo), on Wednesday, staged a peaceful protest over his properties that have been under EFCC’s siege five months after he won a case against the anti-corruption agency.

BIGPENNGR.COM understands Tompolo is protesting the continued siege on his firm, Mieka Dive Limited, five months after he was vindicated of corruption charges by a Federal High Court sitting in Lagos

Although Chief Ekpemupolo was not physically present during the protest which attracted over 500 workers of the firm, the Managing Director of Mieka Dive Limited, Mr. Kestin Pondi signed a protest press release on his behalf.

Some of the placards bore by the protesters read; “Obey Court Order, Create Employment”; ” Buhari, EFCC Respect Court Judgement “; ” Mieka Dive Has Won EFCC On This Case”; “Buhari, The Case Is Over, Open Our Site Now”.

Advertisement

ALSO READ: Panic As Soldiers Lay Siege To Tompolo’s Country Home In Delta

According to the statement made available to newsmen during the peaceful protest by youths and workers of the company, there was no justification for the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to continued to occupy the firm after a court judgement in his favour.
“After nearly five years of malicious prosecution by the EFCC and its henchmen on trumped up allegations, I was vindicated by God and prayers of all our well wishers in the Niger Delta and all over the nation.
“On the 15th of July 2020, the law vindicated me and the Federal High Court threw out all the charges against me, that I have no case to answer. Since then I have made several efforts to reach the government agencies particularly the EFCC to return my looted properties back to me. My peaceful efforts have so far been unsuccessful”, he lamented.

ALSO READ: FG Asked To Drop ‘Corruption’ Charges Against Tompolo

The ex-warlord however noted that five months after the court judgement, his firm with all the multi-billion properties inside, were still being occupied by the EFCC operatives.

Advertisement

“Let Nigerians note, more than five months after the courts vindicated me by quashing all charges of corruption levelled against me, the Nigerian state through the EFCC has refused to return my properties unlawfully taken from me under those charges. Not one of those charges is still standing, yet the EFCC has refused to do the right thing. Our peaceful protest today (Wednesday) is to raise a cry against this injustice in our land”, he said.

Chief Ekpemupolo said their demands were simply return of  the properties confiscated starting with the jetty where the firm is and pay compensation for the ones that were looted.

“EFCC has no legal reason to refuse to return my properties to me, the University which they said I stole is about to graduate its first batch of students and if not for the unjust stoppage of student admission for two years that batch of students would have graduated a year ago.

Advertisement

“Three years ago, we reported the massive looting ongoing at my jetty here in Warri to the Presidency, a few junior naval ratings were court-martialled, but the looting did not start at the bottom”, he said.

Pondi said over 500 workers had been forced home since the ordeal started with the sealing off of the firm about five years ago.

He appealed to the Federal Government to order a return of the firm back to the owner so as to create avenue for continued engagement of the workers.

Advertisement
FEATURED4 hours ago

2027 ELECTIONS: TINUBU LOSES IN DELTA IF SHERIFF FIELDED BY APC, BY BASIL OKOH

FEATURED4 hours ago

Delta: INEC’s Delineation Report Sets Stage For ‘Fair Elections’ In Warri Federal Constituency

Helicopter crash
FEATURED12 hours ago

NNPCL Reshuffles Management Team, Deploys, Redeploys 8 Top Officials

Akpabio
FEATURED22 hours ago

BREAKING: Court Orders Akpabio, Natasha, Senate To Desist From Granting Press Interviews

Laila Charani
ENTERTAINMENT24 hours ago

Sen. Nwoko’s Moroccan’s Wife, Laila Charani Launches MNS Travel  And Tours In Abuja – Sets To Become Trailblazer In Visa, Residence & Work Permits, Other Global Travel Services

flood
COMMUNITY REPORT1 day ago

Delta Seeks Collective Action As Flood Washes Vehicles, Motorcycles Away In Agbor

FEATURED1 day ago

Wike Speaks On Rivers’ HoS Public Confession Against Fubara, Says His Death Rumours Diversionary

BUSINESS2 days ago

NNPCL: Omo-Agege Congratulates S’South Non-executive Director, Austin Avuru, Tasks New Board On Oil Sector Reform

NPDC-Crude-Oil
FEATURED2 days ago

FULL LIST: Senate To Hold Public Hearing On Crude Oil Theft As Sen. Nwoko’s Ad-hoc C’ttee Releases Date, List Of Invited Stakeholders

FEATURED2 days ago

Obi vs Tinubu: APC Fires Back At Peter Obi Over Criticism Of Tinubu’s Economic Policies

FEATURED2 days ago

Tompolo’s Tantita Hails New NNPCL GCEO, Bayo Ojulari, Management Board On Appointment

FEATURED3 days ago

Edo: Tribunal Throws Out AA’s Petition Against Gov Okpebhole’s Election

Helicopter crash
FEATURED3 days ago

BREAKING: Major Shake-up In NNPCL As Tinubu Fires Mele Kyari As CEO, Akinyelure, Names Replacements

social media
FEATURED4 days ago

Nwoko’s Game-Changing Move: How One Defection Is Redefining Delta Politics

FEATURED4 days ago

Police Arrest Suspected Kidnappers, Gun Runners In Delta

Advertisement
Advertisement