Connect with us

FEATURED

“We’re Investigating” – Delta CP After Nine Corpses Of Persons Killed By Herdsmen Were Exhumed

Published

on

cult war

Mr. Hafiz Inuwa, Commissioner of Police, in Delta state, says the police is now investigating the circumstances surrounding the death of nine persons killed allegedly by herdsmen in the state.

He spoke on Tuesday after nine corpses of victims were exhumed across communities in Uwheru kingdom, Ughelli North council area of the state.

The deceased were hacked to death by suspected herdsmen last Thursday and Friday.

The Commissioner of Police, told the Nation, “yes, corpses were exhumed by the community people and they brought them to the police station. That is the information I got. We are now going to find out how it all happened.

“Who buried them, who exhumed them, when were they buried, circumstances that led to the deaths, by whom and who must have buried them without reporting the matter. We are investigating because we cannot just see things like this and keep quiet. A lot of questions must be asked,” CP Inuwa stated.

Report says the killers had reportedly buried the bodies in shallow graves, three of which were discovered Sunday evening.

Advertisement
Article Banner

Security agencies had demanded to see the bodies of those alleged to have been slaughtered in the renewed attacks on the five communities.

It was gathered that a team of security operatives and members of the community discovered more shallow graves on Monday while searching for the bodies of victims allegedly killed by the herdsmen.

The corpses were said to have been taken to the Police Area Command Ughelli in three trucks at about 7:30pm on Monday for records before they were moved to the morgue at the Central Hospital, Ughelli, for autopsy.

The Delta State Commissioner for Higher Education, Professor Patrick Muoboghare, who hails from the area, confirmed the development.

He claimed two more bodies were yet to be found.

“Six corpses were exhumed today under supervision of soldiers and policemen. The six bodies are now being deposited at the mortuary at Ughelli. Gory pictures will follow later.

Advertisement
Article Banner

“Total number so far is nine while the tenth is battling for his life in the hospital. Two more bodies are yet to be found. The search continues Tuesday,” the professor stated in a phone conversation, late Monday.

Recall that a statement signed by its Public Relations Officer, DSP Onome Onowakpoyeya, on Sunday, claimed that only one person with gunshot wounds was discovered in the search for the allegedly murdered ten.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment
Omo-Agege
FEATURED1 hour ago

Omo-Agege: How an Assassination Squad Attacked NDC Campaign, Threatened to Kill Me and My Coordinator in Delta

FEATURES3 hours ago

Demonstration Of Ignorance — Tinubu Rejects Subsidy Restoration Demands

FEATURED4 hours ago

‘Take Me Back to Senate’ — Omo-Agege Flags Off 2027 Campaign, Slams Oborevwori ‎

FEATURES6 hours ago

Sowore Blasts Adeleke Over Tinubu Visit Amid Osun Violence

FEATURED7 hours ago

Tinubu Receives Re-Elected Adeleke at Aso Rock, First Meeting Since Osun Victory

FEATURED13 hours ago

Oil Resumption: MOSOP Assures Ogoni People of a Good Deal, Announces Minor Cabinet Changes

Defense and Security15 hours ago

Tinubu Assigns Famadewa to Lead Service Chiefs, Ribadu for 5-Year National Security Threat Assessment, Defence Strategy Development

FEATURES15 hours ago

2027: Extend Your Love For Me To President Tinubu, Oborevwori Tells Religious Leaders

FEATURES15 hours ago

Oborevwori Sets to Inaugurate Perm Secretaries Quarters Today

FEATURES16 hours ago

Omo-Agege Warns Delta Gov: You’ll be Held Responsible If My Family or I Come Under Attack as Campaigns Begin

Defense and Security1 day ago

Nigerian Navy Boosts Maritime Defense as CNS Inaugurates State-of-the-Art SSV-KALI 3 Vessel Built in Delta

secure number one position
FEATURES1 day ago

Osogbo Shooting — Police Confirm 60-Year-Old Man Dead, Vows to Arrest Suspects

FEATURED1 day ago

Tinubu Appoints Enitan as New Head of Civil Service as Walson-Jack Bows Out

FEATURES1 day ago

Onaiyakan Breaks Silence Over Presidency’s Diatribe, Declares ‘I Am Unshaken, Fear No One’

Defense and Security1 day ago

BREAKING: Governor Adeleke ‘Escapes Death’ as Gunmen Attack Convoy in Osogbo

Advertisement
Advertisement

z

   


Article Banner