Connect with us

ENTERTAINMENT

Obi ‘Convoy Boy’ Recounts How He Was Made To Clean Faeces At Kirikiri Prison

Published

on

By Seyi Babalola

Quadri Yusuf Alabi, the young Nigerian who gained national attention during the 2023 general elections for bravely standing before the convoy of Labour Party presidential candidate Peter Obi, has spoken out about his traumatic ordeal in Kirikiri Prison following what he described as a false accusation.

Quadri described in an interview aired on Channels Television on Monday how his life spiralled following that viral act of heroism. He was arrested, detained, and thrown into prison after allegedly being framed by local thugs in his community.

“My job in prison from morning to night was to clean faeces,” he said with visible pain. “I was treated like someone without a family. I didn’t have money to give the wardens, so they left me in that condition. That was my daily punishment.”

“When the campaign happened in 2023, some people were telling my mum that the money Peter Obi gave me should be shared with them,” he revealed. “They threatened to kidnap me if we didn’t share it.”

According to Quadri, his mother stood her ground and refused.

“My mum told them it can’t be possible, that if her son, who stood in front of the car, had been shot, would they be asking for a share if I had died?”

Advertisement

The young boy, previously praised for his bravery, claimed that the attention he gained following the campaign sparked jealously and threats from others around him.

But that defiance came at a cost. Quadri said he was ultimately handed over to the police by the same people who threatened him, under allegations of conspiracy and armed robbery.

“I had just come back from work, I was a motor boy delivering fish to Port Harcourt. As I got to our street, I didn’t know a fight had broken out earlier. ‘Area boys’ grabbed me and told police, ‘See the boy.’ That’s how I was arrested.”

He recalled spending a week in a cell at the Amukoko Police Station before being taken to jail, where his ordeal worsened.

“They locked me with four elderly men I didn’t know. The ‘area boys’ claimed I destroyed property and stole phones. I told them I was just coming from work, but they didn’t listen,”he said.

In Kirikiri prison, he faced what he described as a dehumanising routine, cleaning human waste daily, without dignity or support.

Advertisement

“Because I had no money to give to the wardens, they made me clean faeces every day. I was in hell.”

Despite the hardship, Quadri has remained strong and positive. He expressed thanks to Nigerians for their financial and emotional assistance during and after his imprisonment.

“I want to thank Nigerians. God will bless them. People that are blessing me, God will not forget them too,” he said.

“I’m ready to go back to school. I want to become a better person. I want to leave the area because people ‘have put an eye on my body (know me),” Quadri stated.

(The Sun, excluding headline)

Advertisement
FEATURED6 hours ago

Police Arrest 2 Female Among 11 Suspected Cultists in Delta, Recover 3 Rifles

docked
FEATURED7 hours ago

Appeal Court Quashes Lawsuit Challenging INEC Warri Ward Delineation Report

Nicholas Mutu
NEWS8 hours ago

Delta APC Primaries: How Ganagana Ended Mutu’s 27-Year Reign as Elumelu Ousted Okolie

FEATURED9 hours ago

Olu of Warri, Itsekiri Nation Endorse Tinubu, Oborevwori’s Second Term Bid for Continuity

NEWS12 hours ago

Delta North at a Crossroads: APC Members Must Vote for the Future of Anioma Land

COMMUNITY REPORT12 hours ago

Warri South-West APC Members Protest Delta Assembly APC Screening Outcome, Petition Tinubu

FEATURED15 hours ago

Clash of Titans: Omo-Agege, Okowa, and the Battle for the Soul of Delta APC

FEATURED2 days ago

Onne Customs Smashes Target, Generates N258B Between Jan-April

FEATURED2 days ago

Non-Disclosure of Assets: Appeal Court Upholds Conviction of George Turnah

COMMUNITY REPORT2 days ago

Delta: Police Arrest 6 Suspects in Eku-Igun Community’s Raid, Arrest Another in Asaba

FEATURED2 days ago

Nigerian Army Confirms US Collaboration in Killing ISIS Commander

FEATURED2 days ago

Why I Withdrew from Delta South Race — Ikpokpo, Ex-ALGON Chief

COMMUNITY REPORT2 days ago

Sen. Ned Nwoko’s Support Base Soars Ahead of APC Senate Primary

COMMUNITY REPORT3 days ago

All Set for Itsekiri Mega Endorsement Rally for Tinubu, Oborevwori’s Re-election Bid on Sunday

FEATURED3 days ago

Delta Contractors Drown in Debt, Send Open Letter to Gov Oborevwori Over Delays Payments Since 2024

Advertisement
Advertisement

z