Connect with us

FEATURED

Scandal Trails PIB As Senator Alleges Serving Minister Changed Buhari’s 5% Approved For Host Communities

Published

on

Fresh controversy is trailing the passage of Petroleum Industrial Bill as a former Governor of Bayelsa State, Senator Henry Dickson, has exposed how the Minister of State for Petroleum, Timipre Sylva, allegedly proposed 2.5 per cent operating surplus to Host Communities while President Muhammadu Buhari proposed 5 per cent in the Petroleum Industrial Bill.
The Senator made the revelation when he spoke with newsmen on the contentious issue on Thursday in Abuja.

According to Dickson: “Nigerians should ask the Minister of State for Petroleum why (late President Umaru) Yar’Adua proposed 10 per cent, Buhari proposed 5 per cent, but he came to the National Assembly to propose 2.5 per cent.”

The representative of Bayelsa West Senatorial District explained that before the passage of the bill, Sylva and the Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Mele Kyari, told the Senators that it is either they agreed to 2.5 percent or no investment.

He said: “Senator (George) Sekibo and I were mandated to reach out to other senators who are not in our region and we did.

“We spoke to lot of them and they all supported us for the 5 per cent.

“Before we took that deliberation and the vote, the Minister of State for Petroleum and the GMD of NNPC were invited to give us the executive perspective.

Advertisement
Article Banner

“I don’t know why it was done, but it was not parliamentary, but it was a decision the leadership took and they came supposedly to enlighten us on the technical  aspect of the bill.

“They told us that it is either we agree to 2.5 percent or no investment.

“So, I can feel how most members who had earlier given us their commitment felt when they heard the tough position by the executive.

“The minister said there won’t be investment inflow if we approve anything higher than the 2.5 per cent.

“There was no room for any interrogation, so they left and we started the consideration.”

(This story excluding headline contains information from The Eagle Online)

Advertisement
Article Banner
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment
NEWS8 hours ago

Ogorugba Congratulates Ashakah, Ozue on Their Emergence as APC Candidates Isoko North Constituencies I and II

COMMUNITY REPORT13 hours ago

We’re Providing Improved Power Supply, Incentives, Infrastructure to Support Farmers, Investors – Oborevwori

Akpeki
FEATURED20 hours ago

APC Releases List of Presidential Campaign Council; Appoints Yari as DG, Uzodimma Secretary (FULL LIST)

FEATURES21 hours ago

Fire Guts Popular SPAR Outlet in Calabar

FEATURES1 day ago

UPDATED: Tinubu Orders Arrest of Nwabueze, Suspension of 3 Perm Sec. as ICPC Uncovers Another Fake Office in OSGF

FEATURES1 day ago

Why FBI Seeks Secret Court Filing Over Withheld Records Linked to Tinubu

FEATURES1 day ago

Wike to Atiku And Obi: My Mission Is To Beat You Thoroughly And Make You Sick

Defense and Security1 day ago

Tragedy in Ondo as 4 Amotekun Officers Killed in Deadly Ambush

FEATURED1 day ago

Oborevwori Appoints Sakpra GM, Delta Social Investment Programme

ENTERTAINMENT2 days ago

Rockson Igelige, Intellectual Property Lawyer, Dies at 55

COMMUNITY REPORT2 days ago

Isoko South Takes Delivery of 125 KVA Mini Farm Solar Power Supply for New Secretariat

FEATURED2 days ago

‎2027: Lagos APC Declares Readiness, Says ‘Tinubu’s Journey to Victory Has Begun’

COMMUNITY REPORT2 days ago

Ogorugba Lauds Oborevwori on Newly Inaugurated Ozoro Ultra-Modern Market

Omo-Agege
FEATURED2 days ago

Omo-Agege: How an Assassination Squad Attacked NDC Campaign, Threatened to Kill Me and My Coordinator in Delta

FEATURES2 days ago

Demonstration Of Ignorance — Tinubu Rejects Subsidy Restoration Demands

Advertisement
Advertisement

z

   


Article Banner