Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State has appointed new nine advisers few weeks after he dissolved the state executive council.
This was contained in a letter seen by BIGPENNGR and signed by R.O. E. Bayoko, Head of Service/Fg Secretary to State Government on Monday.
BIGPENNGR recalls Governor Okowa had on Tuesday, 18 May 2021, fired the Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Chief of Staff, 25 Commissioners, chief strategist of the Government, all special advisers, the senior political adviser, and dissolved the State Executive Council in a major overhaul of his government.
The letter reads: “It is hereby announced for the information of the general public, particularly Deltans, that His Excellency, Senator, Dr Ifeanyi Okowa has approved the appointment of the following persons as Advisers:
- Dr. Kingsley Emu – Chief Economic Adviser
- Mr. Omimi Esquire – Political Adviser
- Hon. Chief isaac Anwuzia – Political Adviser
- Rt. Hon. Emmanuel Okoro – Special Adviser
- Hon. Kelly Penawou – Special Adviser
- Chief Andy Asawota (Esq.) – Special Adviser
- Chief Mrs. Mary lyasere – Special Adviser
- Chief Edwin Uzor – Special Adviser
- Chief Godwin Ugadi – Special Adviser
The date for the inauguration of the above listed appointees will be announced in due course.
R.O. E. Bayoko, Head of Service/Fg Secretary to State Government