Connect with us

NEWS

Keyamo Explains PSquare Brothers’ Rift, Says None Is At Fault, None Wholly Justified

Published

on

 

Fire brand Lagos-based lawyer, Festus Keyamo (SAN), has given a graphic explanation to the feud between Hip-hop twins, Peter and Paul Okoye popularly known as PSquare.

BigPen Online recalls that, one of the twin, Peter had written to their lawyer, Festus Keyamo, seeking to divorce the group which he said he is tired of working with.

Reports say Peter had stated that he had exhausted all options to work things out, but that Paul is not willing to cooperate alleging threat to life, disregard for his family and failure to honour past agreements as some of the reasons he cannot continue with the musical group.

Peter also recalled how they put aside their differences, last year, to appease the fans, even though there were still unresolved issues on ground and the other parties failed to honour their own end of the deal.

However, reacting to the renewed hostilities on Tuesday, their lawyer, Keyamo who said he had been inundated with calls from the media to clear the air on the vex issues, said none of the brothers is at fault and none is wholly justified in the discrepancies that is now tearing them part.

The statement made available to BigPen Online read in full:

Our attention has been drawn to the on-going feud between thePsquare brothers in online, print and electronic media. We have also been inundated with calls from the media to authenticate the correspondence Peter Okoye sent to our office, indicating his intention to terminate the contract between the brothers for various reasons and the online video showing a purported scuffle between the brothers in our Chambers.

Advertisement

Firstly, while it is obvious that none of these materials were released from our Chambers, we are thoroughly saddened and embarrassed by these developments. As their close friends and lawyers over many years, we have done our very best to manage their differences over time and very prominent personalities have been invited in the past to intervene.

We are well aware that we have a duty to keep the details of their disagreements confidential, so we shall say nothing here on the issues at stake. But since the disagreement is now in the public domain, and our name has been dragged into the fray, we wish to appeal to members of the public to refrain from jumping into uninformed conclusions about this feud.

None of these talented brothers is at fault. None of them is also wholly justified and correct in their individual positions. We also wish to state categorically that, contrary to widely held opinions, none of their wives is at fault. In fact, the wives have kept their respectable and dignified distances from all the issues involved. THEY HAVE NEVER INTERFERED in any way.

We also want to state that whilst all the three brothers may have genuine grievances, nobody’s life is at risk. All the various incidents that happened in our Chambers (some as late at 12 midnight and 2am and one of which was captured in the online video) arose out of various meetings that were genuine attempts at resolving their differences. Whatever was said by all of them that were provocative were done in the heat of passion, emotion and anger. In fact, the incident in the video circulating online happened sometime around May, 2016. After all those arguments, we all still sat down and signed agreements and we were all happy.

So, we appeal to everyone to please grant the Okoye family the privacy, prayers and support that they need at these trying times. I have also appealed to all of them not to grant further interviews at this point so as not to escalate the issues further. Whatever is going on is the usual siblings’ rivalry experienced in most families. It is nothing unusual.

We are of the strong opinion that the brothers would eventually put away their differences and come back stronger.

Advertisement

[Widget_Twitter id =”1″]

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment
FEATURED2 hours ago

Isoko North Boss Hails Oborevwori’s Gender-friendly and Inclusive Approach to Governance

FEATURED2 hours ago

Delta Police Enforces Traffic Laws, to Charge Offenders to Mobile Court

FEATURED2 hours ago

Integrity Over Politics: Why Delta North Needs Ned Nwoko, a Leader with a Clean Record

FEATURED1 day ago

BREAKING: DSS Slams el-Rufai With 3-count Charges at FHC for ‘intercepting’ NSA Ribadu’s Phone Conversation

FEATURED1 day ago

Tinubu Deploys Shettima-led FG Delegation to Kano Over Biggest Market Fire Disaster

Akpeki
FEATURED1 day ago

Crisis Rocks Delta North APC as Ward Chairmen Demand Suspension of Congress Over Alleged Imposition

Akpeki
FEATURED1 day ago

Delta APC Leaders Petition Warri South West LGA Over Alleged Imposition, Constitutional Violations by Ward Chairman

El-Rufai
FEATURED2 days ago

N’Delta Coalition Calls for Immediate Arrest, Probe of El-Rufai Over NSA Phone Tapping Claim

FEATURED2 days ago

Tinubu, Oborevwori Rally Support for Nigeria’s Police at Asaba Police Games Opening

METRO2 days ago

Troops Sustains Offensive Pressure, Kills Score of Terrorists, Recover Arms, Logistics Items

COMMUNITY REPORT3 days ago

Delta Community Pays “Thank You Visit” to Council Boss

FEATURED3 days ago

I’ll Be President But I stand for PBAT and Gov Oborevwori’s Re-election 2027 – Ex-Minister Orubebe

NEWS3 days ago

Oborevwori Eulogies Ovie of Uvwie Kingdom on 18th Coronation Anniversary

NEWS3 days ago

Oborevwori Hails Ex-Vanguard Editor, Mideno Bayagbon at 65

FEATURED3 days ago

Oborevwori Emerges Overall New Telegraph Governor Of The Year 2025

Advertisement
Advertisement

z