Connect with us

FEATURED

NNPC Personnel Onboard Crashed Helicopter, 3 Bodies Recovered, Investigation Continues

Published

on

Helicopter crash

A helicopter operated by East Winds Aviation has gone missing while en route to NNPC’s FPSO – NUIMS ANTAN from Port Harcourt NAF Base.

The helicopter, with registration number 5NBQG, lost contact at approximately 11:22 am on October 24, 2024, NNPC Ltd confirmed, on Thursday evening.

A statement signed by its Chief Corporate Communications Officer, Olufemi O. Soneye, said that there were eight people on board – six passengers and two crew members.

Authorities, including the Ministry of Aviation, have been notified, and search and rescue operations are underway. Unfortunately, three bodies have been recovered so far, Soneye said.

The statement reads: “On the 24th of October 2024, about 11:22am, we lost contact with the Helicopter – Register Number: 5NBQG, engaged by NNPC Limited, that took off from Port Harcourt NAF Base en route the FPSO – NUIMS ANTAN. The helicopter was operated by East Winds Aviation.

“There were 8 persons on board (6 passengers and 2 crew members). The appropriate authorities have been contacted, including the Ministry of Aviation, who have since issued a press statement.

“Search and rescue missions are currently ongoing. So far, three (3) bodies have been recovered.

Advertisement

“We shall continue to monitor the situation and provide regular updates as the events unfold.

“Our prayers are with the passengers, crew and their respective families at this very difficult time.

“We will continue to do everything possible to support the ongoing search and rescue operation.”

The victims were working at OML 123 oil field when the helicopter into the Atlantic Ocean.

The Nation had reported that the oil workers were working at Mimbo platform and the Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessel around 11:40am before the incident occurred.

The newspaper quoted a source as saying that all the victims onboard were feared killed.

Advertisement

“There were six personnel and two crew members onboard the helicopter. Three bodies have been recovered so far. Search and rescues ongoing.

“The helicopter belongs to Eastwind Aviation,” the source stated.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment
FEATURED54 minutes ago

Isoko South Chairman Congratulates Sen. Joel-Onowakpo on Winning Delta South APC Primary

FEATURED7 hours ago

2027: Joel-Onowakpo Thanks Tinubu, Oborevwori, Constituents After Defeating Diden by Wide Margin to Clinch Delta South APC Ticket

FEATURED17 hours ago

APC Primaries: Okowa Dusts Ned Nwoko at Home as Joel-Onowakpo Clinches Delta South Ticket

POLITICS19 hours ago

Delta North APC’s Primary: National C’ttee to Announce the Winner, Says Ned Nwoko

FEATURED22 hours ago

Confusion as Omo-Agege, Dafinone Claim Victory in Delta Central APC Senate Primary

METRO1 day ago

Olawepo-Hashim Condemns Borno, Ogbomoso School Abductions

FEATURED2 days ago

Police Arrest 2 Female Among 11 Suspected Cultists in Delta, Recover 3 Rifles

docked
FEATURED2 days ago

Appeal Court Quashes Lawsuit Challenging INEC Warri Ward Delineation Report

Nicholas Mutu
NEWS2 days ago

Delta APC Primaries: How Ganagana Ended Mutu’s 27-Year Reign as Elumelu Ousted Okolie

FEATURED2 days ago

Olu of Warri, Itsekiri Nation Endorse Tinubu, Oborevwori’s Second Term Bid for Continuity

NEWS2 days ago

Delta North at a Crossroads: APC Members Must Vote for the Future of Anioma Land

COMMUNITY REPORT2 days ago

Warri South-West APC Members Protest Delta Assembly APC Screening Outcome, Petition Tinubu

FEATURED2 days ago

Clash of Titans: Omo-Agege, Okowa, and the Battle for the Soul of Delta APC

FEATURED3 days ago

Onne Customs Smashes Target, Generates N258B Between Jan-April

FEATURED3 days ago

Non-Disclosure of Assets: Appeal Court Upholds Conviction of George Turnah

Advertisement
Advertisement

z