Connect with us

NEWS

Nigeria Govt Named Nwaoboshi, 22 Others As Alleged Treasury Looters In Second Batch Release

Published

on

 

Nigeria Federal Government have released a fresh list of alleged Treasury Looters.

The list was made available to newsmen on Sunday by Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed.

The list contained names of alleged looters which were released earlier based on verifiable facts, including the amount involved, the date the amount in question was collected and from where it was taken.

The Federal Government has reacted to the barrage of attacks by some of the named treasury looters and has gone further to name 23 others, most of them members of the Peoples Democratic Party.

Mohammed also said those complaining that the list was too short apparently did not understand that it was strategically released as a teaser.

Advertisement

He said: “At the press conference where the list was released, I did say it was a tip of the iceberg.

“Apparently, this does not mean anything to people whose style is to comment on issues they barely understand, or just to shoot down anything coming from the government.”

Mohammed said the Federal Government has a large number of alleged looters on its list.
He slammed the Peoples Democratic Party for daring to challenge the Federal Government over an issue that the party knows is its weakness: Looting of public treasury.

He said: “What was the PDP expecting when it challenged the FG to name the looters of the public treasury under the party’s watch? Did the PDP actually believe that the massive looting under its watch was a joke? Did they think it is April Fool?”

The Minister said the PDP’s reaction to the looters’ list has shown that its recent apology is an election-induced act, contrived to deceive unsuspecting Nigerians to vote for the party in the 2019 general election, even when it has not come clean on its looting spree during its time in office.

Mohammed said: “The hysterical and panicky reaction from the PDP has shown that the party is not at all sincere about its choreographed apology. Were it not the case, the party would have followed in the footsteps of one of its leaders, Senator Ibrahim Mantu, who simply owned up to his role in the party’s rigging in the past elections and said he had turned a new leaf.

Advertisement

“It is said that a true confession is done in humility with an attitude of repentance. It is clear that the PDP does not know this, hence its resort to hubris instead of humility and genuine penitence.”

Mohammed said the Federal Government will neither be intimidated nor blackmailed into silence, adding that it will also not rest until all those who looted the public treasury have been brought to justice.

Second batch of alleged looters, amount taken

1. Former NSA Sambo Dasuki: Based on EFCC (Economic and Financial Crimes Commission) investigations and findings alone (this is beside the ongoing $2.1 billion military equipment scandal), a total of N126 billion, over $1.5 billion and 5.5 million British Pounds was embezzled through his office. A good number of these monies were simply shared to persons and companies without any formal contract awards.

2. Former Petroleum Resources Minister Dieziani Alison-Madukwe: In just one of the cases the EFCC is investigating involving her, about N23 billion is alleged to have been embezzled. She is also involved in the Strategic Alliance Contracts of the NNPC, where the firms of Jide Omokore and Kola Aluko got oil blocks but never paid government taxes and royalty. About $3 billion was involved. The Federal Government is charging Omokore and Aluko and will use all legal instruments local and international to ensure justice.

3. Rtd. Lt.-Gen. Kenneth Minimah: N13.9 billion. N4.8 billion recovered by EFCC in cash and property.

Advertisement

4. Lt.-Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika: N4.5 billion. N29m recovered by the EFCC so far.

5. Alex Barde, former Chief of Defence Staff: N8 billion, and EFCC recovered almost N4 billion in cash and property already.

6. Inde Dikko: former CG Customs: N40 billion, and N1.1 billion in cash recovered in cash and choice properties.

7. Air Marshal Adesola Amosun: N21.4 billion. N2.8 billion recovered in cash. 28 properties and 3 vehicles also recovered.

8. Senator Bala Mohammed, former FCT Minister: N5 billion. Interim forfeiture order on some property secured.

9. Senator Stella Oduah: N9.8 billion. Interim forfeiture order on some property secured.

Advertisement

10. Former Niger State Governor Babangida Aliyu: N1.6 billion – from NSA.

11. Senator Jonah Jang, former Plateau State Governor: N12.5 billion.

12. Bashir Yuguda, former Minister of State for Finance: N1.5 billion. $829,800 recovered.

13. Senator Peter Nwaboshi: N1.5 billion.

14. Aliyu Usman: Former NSA Dasuki’s aide: N512 million.

15. Ahmad Idris: Former NSA Dasuki’s PA: N1.5 billion.

Advertisement

16. Rasheed Ladoja: Former Oyo Governor: N500 million.

17. Tom Ikimi: N300 million.

18. Femi Fani-Kayode: N866 million.

19. Hassan Tukur, former PPS to President Goodluck: $1.7 million.

20. Nenadi Usman: N1.5 billion.

21. Benedicta Iroha: N1.7 billion.

Advertisement

22. Aliyu Usman Jawaz: Close ally of former NSA Dasuki: N882 million

23. Godknows Igali: Over N7 billion.

[Widget_Twitter id=”1″]

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment
FEATURED3 hours ago

Gov Oborevwori Emerged Unopposed as 2027 Delta APC Guber Candidate with 345,375 Affirmation Votes

FEATURED4 hours ago

Delta: Keke Man Sent for ‘School Runs’, Kidnapped Child in His Care, Demanded N.5m Ransom, and Got Arrested

FEATURED5 hours ago

Presidency Debunks Viral Claim on Nigeria Name Change, Sharia Law Abolition

OPINION6 hours ago

RE: NORBERT SOCHUKWUDINMA’S FALSE CLAIMS ON ARISE TV REGARDING DELTA NORTH APC PRIMARIES

FEATURED9 hours ago

Ijaws, Urhobos Applaud INEC on Release of S’Court-ordered Warri delineation Report

FEATURED14 hours ago

Warri Delineation: Itsekiri Youth Group, UIY Rejects INEC’s New Proposal, Alleges ‘State-Sponsored Electoral Fraud’

FEATURED16 hours ago

IBB Urges Northern Leaders to Unite, Warns Region Risks Collapse ‎

FEATURED17 hours ago

Morris Monye Issues Public Apology to Obidient Movement Over Controversial Resignation Letter ‎

NEWS17 hours ago

Oborevwori Congratulates Waive at 60

Preliminary Voter Register
FEATURED17 hours ago

Itsekiri Leaders Reject INEC’s New Constituency Delineation, Claim They Are Based on Fake Data

FEATURED19 hours ago

How ‘Abuja Pressure’ Forced Fubara, Cole Out of Rivers Governorship Race

COMMUNITY REPORT1 day ago

Delta 2027: Isoko South Boss Congratulates Onwo, Ashakah, Idhoveh for Winning APC Assembly Tickets

FEATURED1 day ago

‘No Contest’ as Delta Speaker Guwor, Augoye, Uduaghan Secure APC Tickets in Sweep of Affirmations

FEATURED1 day ago

Published INEC Warri Ward Delineation Still a Proposal, Subject to Review – Omagbemi

Preliminary Voter Register
FEATURED1 day ago

Warri Wards: INEC Publishes Final Delineation Report, Urges Stakeholders to Review

Advertisement
Advertisement

z