Connect with us

#CORONAVIRUS

BREAKING: NDDC Director Who Died Amid Forensic Audit, Probe Tests Negative For COVID-19

Published

on

Information reaching BIGPEN indicates that the COVID-19 test result of Mr Ibanga Bassey Etang, Acting Executive Director, Finance and Administration of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), who died on Thursday morning has returned negative.

NDDC management had shut down its operation for two weeks over reported COVID-19 scare shortly after the death of executive director of the Commission.

BIGPEN had earlier reported that it was not clear if the Executive Director who reportedly died Thursday morning was a coronavirus patient but NDDC announced shut down of operations with immediate effect, with a directive for staff to go into self-Isolation in a statement signed by Silas Anyanwu.

BIGPEN reports that NDDC is enmeshed with series of scandals of financial impropriety running into billions of naira and currently undergoing forensic audit ordered by President Muhammadu Buhari.

The report says the Acting Director died on Thursday amidst the Forensic Audit of the Commission and probe of alleged financial misappropriation by the present Interim Management Committee of NDDC by National Assembly.

The order to shut down operations for fumigation works have triggered scare of outbreak of deadly coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in the headquarters.

Advertisement
Article Banner

Investigative journalist, Fisayo Soyombo, who first confirmed the death of the commission’s director on his Twitter handle, on Friday afternoon said the deceased Ibanga Bassey Etang has tested negative for COVID-19.

“Ladies and gentlemen, the result of the COVId-19 test on Ibanga Bassey Etang, the Acting ED Finance of the NDDC who died yesterday morning, is out. It’s negative!

“Can the NDDC now please reopen its headquarters for business, including the ongoing probe?

Meanwhile, the group, Act for Positive Transformation Initiative which petitioned the National Assembly of the fraud allegations rocking the commission had earlier raised the alarm of attempt to cover up misdeeds in the commission.

The group in a statement on Thursday signed by Kolawole Johnson, Head, Directorate of Research, Strategy & Programmes (ACT) entitled “NDDC PROBE: NO COVER UP had called on security agencies to immediately commenced investigation into the circumstances surrounding the death of the Acting Executive Director and reported sudden closure of the commission amidst corruption scandal rocking it.

“We had earlier raised alarm in the early hours of the day on a rumored satanic scheme to weave the death of the Acting Executive Director, Finance and Administration of the commission around COVID-19 in order for members to proceed on isolation, shut the office and frustrate the ongoing probe”, they wrote.

Advertisement
Article Banner
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment
FEATURES23 minutes ago

2027: Extend Your Love For Me To President Tinubu, Oborevwori Tells Religious Leaders

FEATURES27 minutes ago

Oborevwori Sets to Inaugurate Perm Secretaries Quarters Today

FEATURES1 hour ago

Omo-Agege Warns Delta Gov: You’ll be Held Responsible If My Family or I Come Under Attack as Campaigns Begin

Defense and Security11 hours ago

Nigerian Navy Boosts Maritime Defense as CNS Inaugurates State-of-the-Art SSV-KALI 3 Vessel Built in Delta

secure number one position
FEATURES12 hours ago

Osogbo Shooting — Police Confirm 60-Year-Old Man Dead, Vows to Arrest Suspects

FEATURED14 hours ago

Tinubu Appoints Enitan as New Head of Civil Service as Walson-Jack Bows Out

FEATURES15 hours ago

Onaiyakan Breaks Silence Over Presidency’s Diatribe, Declares ‘I Am Unshaken, Fear No One’

Defense and Security16 hours ago

BREAKING: Governor Adeleke ‘Escapes Death’ as Gunmen Attack Convoy in Osogbo

Defense and Security18 hours ago

UNICEF Demands Urgent Release of 78 Abducted Borno Schoolchildren

secure number one position
FEATURES18 hours ago

FCT Police Arrest 40 Over Traffic Robbery, Kidnapping, Armed Robbery

FEATURES23 hours ago

‘No Ban On Nigerians’ — South Africa Dismisses Visa Stoppage Rumours

BUSINESS1 day ago

BOI Applauds Tinubu’s Reforms for Success of N250 Billion Bond

FEATURES1 day ago

Tinubu Warns Politicians: No Ethnic or Religious Politics Ahead of 2027

COMMUNITY REPORT2 days ago

Tantita Has Boosted Nigeria’s Oil Revenue, Employed Over 10.000 N’Delta Youths – Consultant

FEATURES2 days ago

Jonathan Warns Serving Govs, Others to Stop Converging on States with ‘Army of Aides’ During Off-circle Elections

Advertisement
Advertisement

z

   


Article Banner