Connect with us

FEATURED

Diezani’s Forfeited Property Converted To Isolation Centre As EFCC Hands Over Keys, Documents To Lagos Govt

Published

on

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), on Friday, May 15, 2020, says a property previously belonging to former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Allison-Madueke, has been handed over to the Lagos State government for use as an isolation centre for COVID-19 patients.

The property which had been forfieted to the Federal Government consists of six flats of three bedrooms and a boys’ quarter.

Mrs Allison-Madueke forfeited the property following an order of Lagos State Federal High in 2017.

Speaking during the handover ceremony, the Lagos Zonal Head of the EFCC, Mohammed Rabo stated that the gesture was part of the Commission’s social responsibility efforts towards the fight against the spread of Corona virus.

“In addition to our mandate to fight economic and financial crimes, the Commission is committed and ready to render essential services that may be required of it in the fight against covid-19. Therefore, Lagos State should not hesitate to call on the Commission anytime the need for such essential service arises,” he said.

In his remarks, the state governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, thanked the Commission for the gesture, noting that it was a welcome collaboration between the Federal and Lagos State Government.

Advertisement
Article Banner
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment
Defense and Security9 hours ago

Nigerian Navy Boosts Maritime Defense as CNS Inaugurates State-of-the-Art SSV-KALI 3 Vessel Built in Delta

secure number one position
FEATURES10 hours ago

Osogbo Shooting — Police Confirm 60-Year-Old Man Dead, Vows to Arrest Suspects

FEATURED12 hours ago

Tinubu Appoints Enitan as New Head of Civil Service as Walson-Jack Bows Out

FEATURES12 hours ago

Onaiyakan Breaks Silence Over Presidency’s Diatribe, Declares ‘I Am Unshaken, Fear No One’

Defense and Security14 hours ago

BREAKING: Governor Adeleke ‘Escapes Death’ as Gunmen Attack Convoy in Osogbo

Defense and Security16 hours ago

UNICEF Demands Urgent Release of 78 Abducted Borno Schoolchildren

secure number one position
FEATURES16 hours ago

FCT Police Arrest 40 Over Traffic Robbery, Kidnapping, Armed Robbery

FEATURES21 hours ago

‘No Ban On Nigerians’ — South Africa Dismisses Visa Stoppage Rumours

BUSINESS1 day ago

BOI Applauds Tinubu’s Reforms for Success of N250 Billion Bond

FEATURES1 day ago

Tinubu Warns Politicians: No Ethnic or Religious Politics Ahead of 2027

COMMUNITY REPORT1 day ago

Tantita Has Boosted Nigeria’s Oil Revenue, Employed Over 10.000 N’Delta Youths – Consultant

FEATURES2 days ago

Jonathan Warns Serving Govs, Others to Stop Converging on States with ‘Army of Aides’ During Off-circle Elections

Wike
FEATURES2 days ago

‘If Tinubu Didn’t Allow Free Poll, Adeleke Wouldn’t Have Won’ — Wike

political structure
FEATURES2 days ago

Abuja Water Channels: Wike Vows ‘No One Will Be Spared’ in Demolition Operation

FEATURED2 days ago

APC Primaries: Ejele Sets to Withdraw Suit Against Senator Joel-Onowakpo

Advertisement
Advertisement

z

   


Article Banner