Connect with us

FEATURED

Tinubu Returns From UK Amid Reports Of His Illness

Published

on

ex-governor is hospitalized abroad

Bola Tinubu, the All Progressives Congress’s nominee for president, has returned home after spending weeks in the UK.

Some Nigerians have recently been wondering about the whereabouts of Tinubu.

Bashir Ahmad, a presidential aide, reported Tinubu’s return to Abuja in a tweet on Thursday.

He said, “Our presidential candidate, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has returned to Abuja from London.”

The PUNCH had reported on October 3, 2022, that Tinubu had denied the rumours of his demise and claimed he was strong and healthy. Additionally, he denied rumours that he had dropped out of the presidential race.

In a tweet accompanied by a video showing him working out on a fitness bike, he wrote, “Many have said I have died; others claim I have withdrawn from the presidential campaign. Well… Nope.

Advertisement

“This is the reality: I am strong, I am healthy and I am ready to serve Nigerians from Day One.”

The All Progressives Congress Presidential Campaign Council’s spokesman, Festus Keyamo, had earlier told The PUNCH that the party couldn’t keep defending Bola Tinubu’s whereabouts minute by minute.

He asserted that although Tinubu was the APC’s presidential flagbearer, he had not yet been elected president of Nigeria and that Nigerians were misinterpreting the issues at hand.

Keyamo stated that as a result, the party, Tinubu, and the presidential campaign council would not be making press announcements to clarify the whereabouts of the former governor of Lagos State.

Keyamo, who is also the Minister of State for Labour Employment, stated these while appearing on Arise TV’s The Morning Show on Thursday.

 

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment
FEATURED53 minutes ago

Warri Delineation: Itsekiri Youth Group, UIY Rejects INEC’s New Proposal, Alleges ‘State-Sponsored Electoral Fraud’

FEATURED3 hours ago

IBB Urges Northern Leaders to Unite, Warns Region Risks Collapse ‎

FEATURED4 hours ago

Morris Monye Issues Public Apology to Obidient Movement Over Controversial Resignation Letter ‎

NEWS5 hours ago

Oborevwori Congratulates Waive at 60

Preliminary Voter Register
FEATURED5 hours ago

Itsekiri Leaders Reject INEC’s New Constituency Delineation, Claim They Are Based on Fake Data

FEATURED6 hours ago

How ‘Abuja Pressure’ Forced Fubara, Cole Out of Rivers Governorship Race

COMMUNITY REPORT12 hours ago

Delta 2027: Isoko South Boss Congratulates Onwo, Ashakah, Idhoveh for Winning APC Assembly Tickets

FEATURED12 hours ago

‘No Contest’ as Delta Speaker Guwor, Augoye, Uduaghan Secure APC Tickets in Sweep of Affirmations

FEATURED13 hours ago

Published INEC Warri Ward Delineation Still a Proposal, Subject to Review – Omagbemi

Preliminary Voter Register
FEATURED13 hours ago

Warri Wards: INEC Publishes Final Delineation Report, Urges Stakeholders to Review

FEATURED14 hours ago

Isoko APC Declares For Oborevwori As Primaries Loom- Okpobor ‎ ‎

NEWS14 hours ago

Isoko North Chair Congratulates Ashakah for Clinching APC Assembly Ticket

NEWS16 hours ago

“I Won the Delta North Senate Primary” – Ned Nwoko Rejects Okowa’s Claim of Victory

FEATURED20 hours ago

Sen. Joel-Onowakpo Extends Olive Branch to Ejele, Malik, Ogor to Join Forces for APC’s 2027 Victory

FEATURED22 hours ago

NDLEA Busts Nigerian-Mexican Meth Cartel, Seizes Record N480bn Drug Haul ‎ ‎

Advertisement
Advertisement

z