Connect with us

FEATURED

Buhari: We’ll Be Very Hard Sooner Than Later On Those Stoking The Fire In Nigeria 

Published

on

President Muhammadu Buhari Tuesday issued a stern warning to those bent on destroying the country through promoting insurrection, and burning down critical national assets: a rude shock awaits them, and very soon too.

The President spoke after he received briefing from Chairman of Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof Mahmood Yakubu, on series of attacks on facilities of the electoral body round the country.

“I receive daily security reports on the attacks, and it is very clear that those behind them want this administration to fail,” President Buhari said. “Insecurity in Nigeria is now mentioned all over the world. All the people who want power, whoever they are, you wonder what they really want. Whoever wants the destruction of the system will soon have the shock of their lives. We’ve given them enough time.”

President Buhari recalled that he visited all the 36 states of the country before the 2019 election, “and majority of the people believed me, and the election proved it.” He promised to continue leading the country in accordance with Constitutional provisions.

He said those misbehaving in certain parts of the country were obviously too young to know the travails and loss of lives that attended the Nigerian Civil War. “Those of us in the fields for 30 months, who went through the war, will treat them in the language they understand. We are going to be very hard sooner than later.”

The President said the Service Chiefs and the Inspector General of Police have been changed, “and we will demand security from them.”

Advertisement
Article Banner

On the dangers posed to future elections by the burning of INEC facilities, President Buhari said he would give the electoral commission all it needed to operate, “so that no one would say we don’t want to go, or that we want a third term. There will be no excuse for failure. We’ll meet all INEC’s demands”, Femi Adesina, Special Adviser to the President (Media and Publicity) quoted Buhari as saying.

In his briefing, Prof Yakubu said that so far, there have been 42 cases of attacks on INEC offices nationwide, since the last General Election.

“The 42 incidents so far occurred in 14 states of the Federation for a variety of reasons….Most of the attacks happened in the last seven months, and they are unrelated to protest against previous elections. From the pattern and frequency of the most recent attacks, they appear to be targeted at future elections. The intention is to incapacitate the Commission, undermine the nation’s democracy and precipitate a national crisis,” Prof Yakubu said.

NEWS3 hours ago

Ogorugba Congratulates Ashakah, Ozue on Their Emergence as APC Candidates Isoko North Constituencies I and II

COMMUNITY REPORT8 hours ago

We’re Providing Improved Power Supply, Incentives, Infrastructure to Support Farmers, Investors – Oborevwori

Akpeki
FEATURED15 hours ago

APC Releases List of Presidential Campaign Council; Appoints Yari as DG, Uzodimma Secretary (FULL LIST)

FEATURES16 hours ago

Fire Guts Popular SPAR Outlet in Calabar

FEATURES19 hours ago

UPDATED: Tinubu Orders Arrest of Nwabueze, Suspension of 3 Perm Sec. as ICPC Uncovers Another Fake Office in OSGF

FEATURES1 day ago

Why FBI Seeks Secret Court Filing Over Withheld Records Linked to Tinubu

FEATURES1 day ago

Wike to Atiku And Obi: My Mission Is To Beat You Thoroughly And Make You Sick

Defense and Security1 day ago

Tragedy in Ondo as 4 Amotekun Officers Killed in Deadly Ambush

FEATURED1 day ago

Oborevwori Appoints Sakpra GM, Delta Social Investment Programme

ENTERTAINMENT1 day ago

Rockson Igelige, Intellectual Property Lawyer, Dies at 55

COMMUNITY REPORT2 days ago

Isoko South Takes Delivery of 125 KVA Mini Farm Solar Power Supply for New Secretariat

FEATURED2 days ago

‎2027: Lagos APC Declares Readiness, Says ‘Tinubu’s Journey to Victory Has Begun’

COMMUNITY REPORT2 days ago

Ogorugba Lauds Oborevwori on Newly Inaugurated Ozoro Ultra-Modern Market

Omo-Agege
FEATURED2 days ago

Omo-Agege: How an Assassination Squad Attacked NDC Campaign, Threatened to Kill Me and My Coordinator in Delta

FEATURES2 days ago

Demonstration Of Ignorance — Tinubu Rejects Subsidy Restoration Demands

Advertisement
Advertisement

z

   


Article Banner