Connect with us

NEWS

Edward, Son-In-Law To Jonathan ‘Shot’, As Gunmen Invade His Residence

Published

on

Unknown gunmen on Friday shot the son-in-law of former President Goodluck Jonathan, Prince Goodwill Edward, after invading his State Housing Estate residence in the Calabar Municipal axis of the Cross River State capital.

Edward, a Special Adviser on Youths Affairs to Governor Ben Ayade of Cross River State, who is from Abi Local Government Area of the state, got married to Jonathan’s daughter in a very lavish and publicised wedding in 2014.

Although the severity of injuries sustained in the attack could not be ascertained, the Punch reports that he is presently receiving treatment at an undisclosed medical facility in Calabar.

The Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr. Hafiz Inuwa, said the matter was yet to be officially reported to the police, disclosing that records show it was not the first time that Edward had been attacked.

“This was the third or fourth time that this thing is happening. Do you know that as at now I’m talking to you there is no official report about it? We are not going to wait until the matter is reported. We are the police we know our responsibility.

“Even if they have a reason for not reporting which we are not going to sit down until the matter is reported, we have the responsibility to investigate and by the grace of God we will go after those responsible.

Advertisement
Article Banner

“Information just got to me that this is the third or fourth time that they have attempted him,” Inuwa said.

Omo-Agege
FEATURED11 minutes ago

Omo-Agege: How an Assassination Squad Attacked NDC Campaign, Threatened to Kill Me and My Coordinator in Delta

FEATURES2 hours ago

Demonstration Of Ignorance — Tinubu Rejects Subsidy Restoration Demands

FEATURED3 hours ago

‘Take Me Back to Senate’ — Omo-Agege Flags Off 2027 Campaign, Slams Oborevwori ‎

FEATURES5 hours ago

Sowore Blasts Adeleke Over Tinubu Visit Amid Osun Violence

FEATURED6 hours ago

Tinubu Receives Re-Elected Adeleke at Aso Rock, First Meeting Since Osun Victory

FEATURED12 hours ago

Oil Resumption: MOSOP Assures Ogoni People of a Good Deal, Announces Minor Cabinet Changes

Defense and Security14 hours ago

Tinubu Assigns Famadewa to Lead Service Chiefs, Ribadu for 5-Year National Security Threat Assessment, Defence Strategy Development

FEATURES14 hours ago

2027: Extend Your Love For Me To President Tinubu, Oborevwori Tells Religious Leaders

FEATURES14 hours ago

Oborevwori Sets to Inaugurate Perm Secretaries Quarters Today

FEATURES15 hours ago

Omo-Agege Warns Delta Gov: You’ll be Held Responsible If My Family or I Come Under Attack as Campaigns Begin

Defense and Security1 day ago

Nigerian Navy Boosts Maritime Defense as CNS Inaugurates State-of-the-Art SSV-KALI 3 Vessel Built in Delta

secure number one position
FEATURES1 day ago

Osogbo Shooting — Police Confirm 60-Year-Old Man Dead, Vows to Arrest Suspects

FEATURED1 day ago

Tinubu Appoints Enitan as New Head of Civil Service as Walson-Jack Bows Out

FEATURES1 day ago

Onaiyakan Breaks Silence Over Presidency’s Diatribe, Declares ‘I Am Unshaken, Fear No One’

Defense and Security1 day ago

BREAKING: Governor Adeleke ‘Escapes Death’ as Gunmen Attack Convoy in Osogbo

Advertisement
Advertisement

z

   


Article Banner