Oluship Crisis: Ologbotsere, Emami Honours Police Invitation, Quizzed Over Allege Invasion Of Olu’s Palace

Chief Ayirimi Emami, the Ologbotsere of Warri Kingdom, was on Friday grilled for 2 hours by the police in Zone “5”, Force Headquaters in Benin, Edo State over the festering Olu of Warri stool crisis.

BIGPENNGR reports that Chief Emami and some palace Chiefs were at the zonal Force Headquarters sequel to a petition written by some undisclosed persons in the Kingdom over the alleged invasion of the Olu palace by unknown persons in which some items were reportedly stolen.

Chief Emami, reportedly arrived the Zone “5” Force Headquarters around 11: 00 am and was interrogated for close to 2 hours before he was allowed to go about 1: 30 pm.

BIGPENNGR had reported that the Ologbotsere had been embroiled in a fight with Ginuwa Ruling House over the manner they adopted for the announcement of the passage of Ogiame Ikenwoli and subsequent pronouncement of a new Olu-Designate.

The invitation to Chief Emami, seen by BIGPENNGR was signed by a Deputy Commissioner of Police, DCP Polycarp Dibia, Criminal Investigation Department (CID) Zone “5” Force Headquarters, Benin with (reference No. CR3000/2N.5/X/AV/Vol/83/41 dated Wednesday 21st April,2021).

The letter addressed to Chief Emami, entitled “Police Invitation Letter. Re-case of Burglary, Stealing and Conduct Likely To Cause Breach Of Peace” said: “the office is investigating a case reported through a written petition to the Assistant Inspector-General of Police, Zone “5” Headquarters in Benin City.”

It further reads; “You are required to have an interview with Deputy Commissioner of Police, Criminal Investigation Department (CID) Zone 5 Force Headquarters, Benin through the O/C Anti-Vice Section, Zone 5 Force Headquarters, Benin on Monday 26th April, 2021 at 1000hr. You are also requested to come along with Chief Macgrey Richmond. Kindly accept the warm regards of Assistant Inspector General of Police Zone “5” Force Headquarters, Benin City, please”.

Emani who confirmed to one of our correspondent that he honoured the invitation today, Friday as law-abiding citizen, said that he was invited by the police over the invasion of Olu’s palace but however denied any culpability over the invasion.

“I was actually invited based on the invasion of Olu’s palace which I told the police I have nothing to do with it because I was not in town when the incident happened”.

“They said some valuables are missing in the palace, I said yes and that I am also in search of those valuables. I have been the custodian of those valuables, the keys to strong room is with me so how can I invade the palace to take them when originally they are kept under my custody, he queries.

On his opposition to the new Olu designate, he said ”As a person, I cannot say I am not in support of the Prince Emiko’s aspiration for the Olu stool, I don’t have issue with the person in question but we have laid down procedure. That has been my position right from day one of this crisis. It has nothing to do with me. He is my brother and a friend, we have no personal issue”.

“It is not that I am not in support of whatever they are doing but as Ologbotsere I insist the process and procedure must be followed. You can’t arm-twist me over that and that is my position. I have told the police and they have questioned me on what led to the invitation. Other issue I keep to myself”.

“The police want to know who invaded the palace because some things were missing and they want to know the whereabout of the things.

He however said talks are in progress to bring about final peace to the Kingdom.