Connect with us

NEWS

Bolaji Abdulllahi Says He Has Not Resigned As APC Spokesman

Published

on

Mallam Bolaji Abdulllahi has dismissed report that he has resigned as spokesman of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Earlier reports say Abdullahi resigned from his position to join the Senate President who announced his defection from APC to the PDP today.

Opposition party, PDP had in its Twitter handle celebrated the alleged resignation and defection.

But Abdulllahi, an ally of Saraki said he did tell anybody that he was resigning his position, saying that he knew where the speculation of his reported resignation was coming from.

Advertisement
Article Banner

“But I have not tendered my resignation,” Abdullahi told Premium Times by telephone Tuesday night. “And I did not tell anyone I have done so.”

“It is not true that I have resigned and let me emphasis that there is no iota of truth in that report. I can understand where the speculation is coming from, perhaps because I was absent during the NWC meeting on Monday.

“However, the speculators didn’t know that I told my colleagues that I was away in Kwara State.

“I want to put it on record that I came through the front door and if I want to leave, I will leave through the front door,” Abdullahi clarified.

Abdullahi, who was reelected spokesperson for the APC at the party’s national convention last month, has been a key ally of Mr Saraki for years.

In 2014, he was fired from President Goodluck Jonathan’s cabinet as sports minister, after Saraki left the then-ruling Peoples Democratic Party for the APC, which was then the newly-emerged main opposition. His loyalty to Saraki is believed to have cost him his ministerial job.

Advertisement
Article Banner
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment
FEATURED33 minutes ago

Tinubu Appoints Enitan as New Head of Civil Service as Walson-Jack Bows Out

FEATURES45 minutes ago

Onaiyakan Breaks Silence Over Presidency’s Diatribe, Declares ‘I Am Unshaken, Fear No One’

Defense and Security2 hours ago

BREAKING: Governor Adeleke ‘Escapes Death’ as Gunmen Attack Convoy in Osogbo

Defense and Security4 hours ago

UNICEF Demands Urgent Release of 78 Abducted Borno Schoolchildren

secure number one position
FEATURES4 hours ago

FCT Police Arrest 40 Over Traffic Robbery, Kidnapping, Armed Robbery

FEATURES10 hours ago

‘No Ban On Nigerians’ — South Africa Dismisses Visa Stoppage Rumours

BUSINESS20 hours ago

BOI Applauds Tinubu’s Reforms for Success of N250 Billion Bond

FEATURES22 hours ago

Tinubu Warns Politicians: No Ethnic or Religious Politics Ahead of 2027

COMMUNITY REPORT1 day ago

Tantita Has Boosted Nigeria’s Oil Revenue, Employed Over 10.000 N’Delta Youths – Consultant

FEATURES1 day ago

Jonathan Warns Serving Govs, Others to Stop Converging on States with ‘Army of Aides’ During Off-circle Elections

Wike
FEATURES1 day ago

‘If Tinubu Didn’t Allow Free Poll, Adeleke Wouldn’t Have Won’ — Wike

political structure
FEATURES1 day ago

Abuja Water Channels: Wike Vows ‘No One Will Be Spared’ in Demolition Operation

FEATURED1 day ago

APC Primaries: Ejele Sets to Withdraw Suit Against Senator Joel-Onowakpo

FEATURES1 day ago

‘Stop Burning Economic Opportunities’ — Sowore Urges FG To Legalise Cannabis

Nigerian Business News
#SPORTS2 days ago

Why NFF Ordered Super Falcons’ Technical Crew to Step Down After World Cup Blow

Advertisement
Advertisement

z

   


Article Banner