Connect with us

FEATURED

NDDC Releases List Of Cancelled Contracts Awarded Between 2000, 2019

Published

on

Forensic Audit

The Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC, has released the list of 1,301 cancelled projects awarded by the Commission before December 31, 2019, for which the contractors are yet to mobilize to site

A Press Statement signed by the NDDC Director of Corporate Affairs, Dr Ibitoye Abosede, said the cancellation followed a directive from the Presidency. The list included 829 roads, 97 buildings, 85 electrification projects, 71 land reclamation projects and 63 desilting contracts.

Others are 51 sand filling projects, 17 shore protection projects, 36 solar water projects, among others.

The statement said that the action was a fall out of the forensic audit and Presidential directive issued earlier in May 2022.

It states: “This is to bring to the notice of all contractors engaged by the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), as well as stakeholders and the general public, that the Presidency has directed that all projects awarded by the Commission before December 31, 2019, for which the beneficiary contractors are yet to mobilise to site, are by this directive cancelled,” the statement read.

It added that “this cancellation is subject to any future re-award in accordance with the Public Procurement Act and in line with the terms of the contracts for the award of the said projects.

Advertisement
Article Banner

“Consequently, all affected contractors are advised to note that all monies earlier received by way of mobilization for any of the projects are to be promptly refunded to the Commission’s Account with the Central Bank of Nigeria.”

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment
FEATURED47 minutes ago

Tinubu Receives Re-Elected Adeleke at Aso Rock, First Meeting Since Osun Victory

FEATURED6 hours ago

Oil Resumption: MOSOP Assures Ogoni People of a Good Deal, Announces Minor Cabinet Changes

Defense and Security8 hours ago

Tinubu Assigns Famadewa to Lead Service Chiefs, Ribadu for 5-Year National Security Threat Assessment, Defence Strategy Development

FEATURES9 hours ago

2027: Extend Your Love For Me To President Tinubu, Oborevwori Tells Religious Leaders

FEATURES9 hours ago

Oborevwori Sets to Inaugurate Perm Secretaries Quarters Today

FEATURES10 hours ago

Omo-Agege Warns Delta Gov: You’ll be Held Responsible If My Family or I Come Under Attack as Campaigns Begin

Defense and Security19 hours ago

Nigerian Navy Boosts Maritime Defense as CNS Inaugurates State-of-the-Art SSV-KALI 3 Vessel Built in Delta

secure number one position
FEATURES21 hours ago

Osogbo Shooting — Police Confirm 60-Year-Old Man Dead, Vows to Arrest Suspects

FEATURED23 hours ago

Tinubu Appoints Enitan as New Head of Civil Service as Walson-Jack Bows Out

FEATURES23 hours ago

Onaiyakan Breaks Silence Over Presidency’s Diatribe, Declares ‘I Am Unshaken, Fear No One’

Defense and Security1 day ago

BREAKING: Governor Adeleke ‘Escapes Death’ as Gunmen Attack Convoy in Osogbo

Defense and Security1 day ago

UNICEF Demands Urgent Release of 78 Abducted Borno Schoolchildren

secure number one position
FEATURES1 day ago

FCT Police Arrest 40 Over Traffic Robbery, Kidnapping, Armed Robbery

FEATURES1 day ago

‘No Ban On Nigerians’ — South Africa Dismisses Visa Stoppage Rumours

BUSINESS2 days ago

BOI Applauds Tinubu’s Reforms for Success of N250 Billion Bond

Advertisement
Advertisement

z

   


Article Banner