Connect with us

FEATURED

2023: Jonathan Considers APC’s Presidential Forms Bought In His Name An Insult – Aide

Published

on

Goodluck Jonathan

Former President Goodluck Jonathan, has reacted to reports that a northern coalition has bought the APC presidential aspiration forms amounting to N100 million for him to contest the 2023 general election.

BIGPENNGR.COM reports that Jonathan, on Monday night, said he has no link to the northern group which included Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN).

The northern coalition had earlier on Monday, flaunted pictures, bank note of payment and APC forms purportedly procured for Jonathan at the International Conference Centre in Abuja, venue of the collection of APC presidential aspiration forms.

A statement issued on Monday night by Ikechukwu Eze, his media aide, said that the former Nigeria’s leader didn’t authorise the purchase of any party’s form for him.

“It has come to our notice that a group has purportedly purchased Presidential Nomination and Expression of Interest forms of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in the name of former President Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan,” the statement reads.

“We wish to categorically state that Dr. Jonathan was not aware of this bid and did not authorise it.

“We want to state that if the former President wanted to contest an election, he would make his intentions clear to the public and will not enter through the back door.

Advertisement
Article Banner

“While we appreciate the overwhelming request by a cross-section of Nigerians for Dr. Jonathan to make himself available for the 2023 presidential election, we wish to state that he has not, in anyway, committed himself to this request.

“Buying a presidential aspiration form in the name of Dr. Jonathan without his consent, knowing the position he had held in this country, is considered an insult to his person. The general public is therefore advised to disregard it.”

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment
COMMUNITY REPORT4 hours ago

Isoko South Takes Delivery of 125 KVA Mini Farm Solar Power Supply for New Secretariat

FEATURED7 hours ago

‎2027: Lagos APC declares readiness, says ‘Tinubu’s journey to victory has begun’

COMMUNITY REPORT13 hours ago

Ogorugba Lauds Oborevwori on Newly Inaugurated Ozoro Ultra-Modern Market

Omo-Agege
FEATURED15 hours ago

Omo-Agege: How an Assassination Squad Attacked NDC Campaign, Threatened to Kill Me and My Coordinator in Delta

FEATURES17 hours ago

Demonstration Of Ignorance — Tinubu Rejects Subsidy Restoration Demands

FEATURED17 hours ago

‘Take Me Back to Senate’ — Omo-Agege Flags Off 2027 Campaign, Slams Oborevwori ‎

FEATURES19 hours ago

Sowore Blasts Adeleke Over Tinubu Visit Amid Osun Violence

FEATURED21 hours ago

Tinubu Receives Re-Elected Adeleke at Aso Rock, First Meeting Since Osun Victory

FEATURED1 day ago

Oil Resumption: MOSOP Assures Ogoni People of a Good Deal, Announces Minor Cabinet Changes

Defense and Security1 day ago

Tinubu Assigns Famadewa to Lead Service Chiefs, Ribadu for 5-Year National Security Threat Assessment, Defence Strategy Development

FEATURES1 day ago

2027: Extend Your Love For Me To President Tinubu, Oborevwori Tells Religious Leaders

FEATURES1 day ago

Oborevwori Sets to Inaugurate Perm Secretaries Quarters Today

FEATURES1 day ago

Omo-Agege Warns Delta Gov: You’ll be Held Responsible If My Family or I Come Under Attack as Campaigns Begin

Defense and Security2 days ago

Nigerian Navy Boosts Maritime Defense as CNS Inaugurates State-of-the-Art SSV-KALI 3 Vessel Built in Delta

secure number one position
FEATURES2 days ago

Osogbo Shooting — Police Confirm 60-Year-Old Man Dead, Vows to Arrest Suspects

Advertisement
Advertisement

z

   


Article Banner