Connect with us

FEATURED

2023: ‘GEJ Is Coming Back’ Poster Stirs Anxiety As Jonathan, Buhari Frequent Meetings Set Tongues Wagging

Published

on

Speculations that immediate past President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, may be drafted into the 2023 presidential race heightened earlier today, Friday, January 7, 2022, as a poster surfaced on the internet with the inscription ‘GEJ Is Coming Back’.

The poster is facilitated by a group known as the National Agenda For Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

While not much is known about the group, the poster surfaced amid growing anxiety in the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) as Jonathan Thursday visited President Muhammadu Buhari for the second time in a week.

The frequency of the former president’s visits to the Presidential Villa, Abuja, comes amidst reports that he is being considered by a section of the presidency and some governors of the APC for the presidential ticket of the party come 2023.

Since Jonathan’s visit on Thursday, December 30, 2021 to Aso Rock, there has been anxiety in the ruling party especially among those who are eyeing the presidency.

During his last visit, no statement was issued on the agenda of the meeting between the incumbent president and his predecessor.

Advertisement
Article Banner

But after Thursday’s meeting, a presidential spokesman, Femi Adesina, in a statement said Buhari received briefing from former Jonathan on the political developments in the Republic of Mali.

He said a special meeting of the ECOWAS which holds in Ghana, on Sunday, to deliberate on the political situation in Mali was the subject of the parley between the Head of the ECOWAS Mediation Team, former President Jonathan and President Buhari.

Adesina had, in a separate statement earlier issued on Thursday, said President Buhari also received a Special Envoy from Col. Assimi Goita, the transitional president of Mali.

But a chieftain of the party and the National Coordinator of the Tinubu 2023 Non-Negotiable (TNN), Kunle Okunola, said he was not convinced that Jonathan visited the villa because of Mali issue, adding that it is part of the conspiracy to make Jonathan the consensus candidate of the APC.

According to him, that explained why Buhari insisted on including consensus in the Electoral Amendment Bill.

He said Jonathan found it most convenient to visit the villa anytime, saying the president is doing the bidding of the “colonial masters.”

Advertisement
Article Banner

“Jonathan is the colonial masters’ candidate and Buhari cannot say no and that is why he was insisting on consensus because Jonathan cannot ridicule himself by going into primary with Tinubu or any other candidate. So APC is bringing Jonathan, no doubt about it,” he said.

Okunola said the delay to conduct the national convention was part of the script being played to make Jonathan the consensus party’s flag bearer.

“Asiwaju has the capacity to search for an alternative platform to save Nigeria,’’ he stated, adding, “We should provide an alternative platform for Nigeria not to go into flame.”

He said it was unfortunate the APC National Leader Tinubu “had been caught in this situation for long.”

According to him, it is high time Tinubu began to “look inward and having a handshake across Nigeria if he is indeed ready to lead the country and look beyond APC.”

(News Express, with additional reporting by Daily Trust)

Advertisement
Article Banner
Omo-Agege
FEATURED45 minutes ago

Omo-Agege: How an Assassination Squad Attacked NDC Campaign, Threatened to Kill Me and My Coordinator in Delta

FEATURES3 hours ago

Demonstration Of Ignorance — Tinubu Rejects Subsidy Restoration Demands

FEATURED3 hours ago

‘Take Me Back to Senate’ — Omo-Agege Flags Off 2027 Campaign, Slams Oborevwori ‎

FEATURES5 hours ago

Sowore Blasts Adeleke Over Tinubu Visit Amid Osun Violence

FEATURED7 hours ago

Tinubu Receives Re-Elected Adeleke at Aso Rock, First Meeting Since Osun Victory

FEATURED12 hours ago

Oil Resumption: MOSOP Assures Ogoni People of a Good Deal, Announces Minor Cabinet Changes

Defense and Security14 hours ago

Tinubu Assigns Famadewa to Lead Service Chiefs, Ribadu for 5-Year National Security Threat Assessment, Defence Strategy Development

FEATURES15 hours ago

2027: Extend Your Love For Me To President Tinubu, Oborevwori Tells Religious Leaders

FEATURES15 hours ago

Oborevwori Sets to Inaugurate Perm Secretaries Quarters Today

FEATURES16 hours ago

Omo-Agege Warns Delta Gov: You’ll be Held Responsible If My Family or I Come Under Attack as Campaigns Begin

Defense and Security1 day ago

Nigerian Navy Boosts Maritime Defense as CNS Inaugurates State-of-the-Art SSV-KALI 3 Vessel Built in Delta

secure number one position
FEATURES1 day ago

Osogbo Shooting — Police Confirm 60-Year-Old Man Dead, Vows to Arrest Suspects

FEATURED1 day ago

Tinubu Appoints Enitan as New Head of Civil Service as Walson-Jack Bows Out

FEATURES1 day ago

Onaiyakan Breaks Silence Over Presidency’s Diatribe, Declares ‘I Am Unshaken, Fear No One’

Defense and Security1 day ago

BREAKING: Governor Adeleke ‘Escapes Death’ as Gunmen Attack Convoy in Osogbo

Advertisement
Advertisement

z

   


Article Banner