Connect with us

FEATURED

How Gunmen Killed Seven Cops, Stole Five Assault Rifles In Surprise Attack On Rivers Police

Published

on

The Rivers State Police Command has confirmed the unprovoked and mindless attack on Policemen and vehicles in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital.

The Command Public Relation Officer, SP. Nnamdi Omoni who confirmed the surprise attack in a statement on Saturday, said that the incident led to the death of seven Policemen last night (Friday) at about 2030hrs.

Giving a graphic details of what happened, he said that unknown gunmen driven in two branded Hilux vans, attacked the special check point at Choba bridge, where in a surprised attack, killed two Policemen on duty and set ablaze a private car belonging to one of the Policemen.

A similar attack was launched at Rumuji Police Station by the same hoodlums who killed two Policemen on duty and burnt a Police patrol vehicle.

However, a stiff resistance by the Police prevented the hoodlums from gaining access into the Police station. In the course of exchange of fire, two of the attackers were fatally wounded and died on the spot.

The third attack at Elimgbu Police Station was equally resisted by the Police, though three officers were killed in that attack but the serious fire engagement made them to abandon their bullet riddled Hilux van, while they escaped with various degrees of gunshot wounds with a snatched Sienna bus.

“The continued engagement by the Police”, he said also forced them to abandon the Sienna car they were using to escape at the Refinery junction, while their remnants again escaped with bullet wounds.

Advertisement

Meanwhile, “the corpses of the fallen heroes have been evacuated and deposited in the mortuary, while the Commissioner of Police, CP. Eboka Friday, who led members of his management team and tactical Commanders to the respective scenes this morning (Saturday) for an on-the-spot assessment, has launched a serious manhunt for the preparators with a view to apprehending the culprits and bringing them to justice.

“So far, the Command is relatively calm and the Commissioner of Police is currently in a security with his team, as security has been further strengthened in all the Police formations in the State, including other critical public and private infrastructure.

“It is pertinent to note, that in all three attacks carried out last night, no Police Station/formation was burnt. Regrettably, a total of five assault rifles were lost in the incident.

“The Public is hereby enjoined to increase their security consciousness and report any person or persons with gun wounds to the nearest Police Station or call the following numbers: 1. 08032003514 2. 08098880134”, the statement added.

 

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment
FEATURED5 hours ago

NDLEA Arrests Real Estate Chief, Busts Woman with Drugs in Fake Pregnancy as Ivorian Excretes 82 Cocaine Wraps at Kano Airport

FEATURED10 hours ago

Oborevwori Rewards UNIDEL Best Graduating Student with ₦5m, 30 First-class with N500k Each

FEATURED11 hours ago

48-year-old Suspected Gun Runner Arrested with 969 Rounds of Ammunition in Taraba

FEATURED1 day ago

Ribadu’s Phone Bugging: DSS to Arraign El-Rufai Feb 25

FEATURED2 days ago

Pakistan Offers to Help Nigeria Fight Terrorism as Defence Adviser Meets COAS

FEATURES2 days ago

Oborevwori Boosts Infrastructure at UNIDEL, Inaugurates Faculties of Engineering, Environmental Sciences

FEATURED2 days ago

How Orubebe and Jonathan Came Close to Losing Their Lives for Amnesty

COMMUNITY REPORT3 days ago

DSCTDA Sustains Cleanup Exercise at Koka Bridge

FEATURED4 days ago

el-Rufai Moved from EFCC to ICPC Detention Facility Over Ongoing Investigations

FEATURED4 days ago

COAS Advocates for Sustainable Veterans’ Welfare Systems Backed by Law

Profiled
FEATURED4 days ago

Alleged $6bn Mambilla Fraud: Agunloye Knew Sunrise Power Owner, Leno Adesanya Before Ministerial Appointment – EFCC Witness

FEATURED4 days ago

Two Arraigned for Alleged N143million Fraud in Benin-City

FEATURED4 days ago

Court Grants EFCC Interim Attachment Order on Nine Mineral-Laden Trucks Impounded in Ilorin

POLITICS4 days ago

Isoko North Chairman Commends Peaceful Conduct of APC Council Ward Congresses

FEATURED4 days ago

Tinubu Signs Order to Eliminate NNPCL’S Deductions, Direct Remittance of Oil Revenues to Federation Account

Advertisement
Advertisement

z