The State Working Committee of the All Progressive Congress (APC) in Delta state, has released the names of the five-man ad hoc disciplinary committee to probe the administration of the State chairman of the party, Prophet Jones Ode Erue.
Erue was reportedly asked to resign his position as chairman of the party on Wednesday over alleged financial impropriety of party’s funds and maladministration.
BIGPEN Online recalls that the call for Erue’s resignation followed his alleged persistent refused to give account or provide information on all funds that accrued to the party overtime.
Erue was also been accused of highhandedness, reckless running of the party as personal estate, his penchant for pitching leaders of the party against each others, among others.
The party’s SWC alleged that monies collected from sales of forms for Local Government elections, General elections, grants from the National office, donations and gifts to the party have all gone unaccounted for by the Erue-led SEC of the party.
The allegations are coming at the wake of the suspension of the Delta State Deputy Chairman, Engr Elvis Ayomanor, Woman Leader, Dr. (Mrs.) Janet Oyubu, Delta South Senatorial Chairman, Mr. Tosan Awani, and 6 others for alleged misconduct by the Erue-led State Executive Committee (SEC) which said they met on the 18th of January to take the decision.
In a statement on Friday, State Secretary of the party, Comrade Chidi Okonji who had earlier said that the State APC State Working Committee (SWC) or State Executive Committee (SEC) did not meet on the 18th of January, 2020 and have not met since March 2019 after the General, announced the members of the five-man disciplinary/fact finding committee constituted to look into the alleged gross misconduct of Prophet Jones Ode Erue.
They five-man probe committee include: Pastor Godwin Akpovie, (Chairman), Hon. Leo Ebinim – (Secretary), Prof. Festus Arunaye – (Member), Hon. David Yinka Atie – (Member), and Hon. Lawrence Akpeti, (Member).
The terms of reference include:
- The legality of the currently annulled constitution of vacant senatorial positions in APC Delta State by the State Chairman.
- The legality of the currently annulled suspension of the Delta State Deputy Chairman (Engr. Elvis Ayomanor), Woman leader (Dr.(Mrs.) Janet Oyubu), Delta South Senatorial Chairman (Mr. Tosan Awani) and 5 others for alleged misconduct.
- To carry out a forensic audit on all Delta State APC Party’s account to determine probity and accountability in its management by the State Chairman, Prophet Jones Ode Erue.
- To investigate the reason for the State Secretariat being under lock and key with administrative staff and security men being owed 16 months of salary and wages
- To investigate the reason behind the none holding of State Executive Committee(SEC) and State Working Committee (SWC) meetings since March 2019.
- To carry out an investigation into the disappearance of buses donated by presidential aspirants and other party leaders to the party.
- To investigate any possible collusion with other party officials in the running of the party account.
- To determine the culpability of Prophet Jones Ode Erue and any other party official involved in any or all of the terms of reference above and to recommend appropriate sanctions if found wanting.
The committee has two weeks from 5th February 2020 to report their findings to the State Executive Committee (SEC).