$1bn Security Fund Missing? I Don’t Know It Whereabouts – NSA Monguno

0
242

The National Security Adviser (NSA), Gen. Babagana Monguno (rtd) has said he does not know the whereabouts of the $1 billion approved by the National Economic Council (NEC) for tackling of the nation’s security challenges.

The money was approved in December 2017 following the upsurge in Boko Haram insurgency, herdsmen killings, kidnappings and banditry in parts of the federation.

Monguno whose purview it is to coordinate Nigeria’s security architecture stated this at the end of the second meeting of the NEC on Friday in Abuja, according to a Guardian report.

He said that the money was meant for the military alone, but could not categorically state whether it had been disbursed.

“The $1billion I believe that you are talking about was actually earmarked for the military, not for security agencies like the intelligence community and the paramilitary agencies,” he maintained.