Connect with us

FEATURED

Wike’s Relection Will Not Stand – APC Chieftain

Published

on

A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Rivers state, Chief Eze Chukwuemeka Eze, says the election of Governor Nyesom Wike was a charade that would not stand long.

Eze said the election was founded in illegality and would be knock down soon.

According to him, the warning by the acting Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Tanko Mohammed, that “anyone who did not win election legally, will be removed at the Supreme Court”, was why the PDP started making all the “allusions and wild allegations”, adding that the foul crying by the party was because they would no longer be able to abuse the judicial system.

“This panicky step by Wike and PDP leadership through their press statement once again exposes them for their undemocratic principle of always attempting to blackmail or force the Judiciary into doing their evil biddings and sadly for them they have met an incorruptible Judge in the person of Justice Tanko who is ready to do interpret the law as it ought to be”, he said.

Continuing, Eze said, “Right from when INEC illegally suspended a legally ordered exercise, without any justifiable reason, the whistle had been blown on Wike and Effanga’s coven connection. The REC just had to see the utterly compromised process through to its end to justify his heavy compensation from his pay masters in the PDP, but they all know it won’t stand. Effanga had to manipulate, forge and bend the process to fulfill all righteousness, but their cover has since been blown from the day they illegally suspended the election in Rivers state”, he said.

According to the APC chieftain, Wike’s victory was nothing but “a charade, sham and promotion of impunity and undemocratic plot, aimed at rubbishing and subverting the electoral rights of Rivers state and her people, who voted massively for a better tomorrow by electing Engr. Biokpomabo Awara of African Action Congress (AAC).

Advertisement

“Rivers people spoke overwhelmingly against the reign of an administration, which had robbed them of peace, security and development. Their choice which would eventually be upheld in a properly held poll soon.

“This fact of unlawful decision by INEC will surely be challenged in court by virtue of section 26, subsection 5 of the Electoral Act, which shall lead to the suspension of the concocted results so far announced until the matter is determined. So I sincerely sympathize with those celebrating an illegal process that will be thrown to the dustbin where it rightly belongs.

 “Apart from the unconstitutional declaration of results, after the mandatory 21days, as contained in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, coupled with the fact that INEC kept in her custody the result sheets of the Rivers state polls, against the Electoral Law that stipulates that election results should be kept in the custody of CBN, what INEC has succeeded to achieve in its recent illegality is to justify the billions of naira that Governor Wike may have paid to some of her staff, knowing very well that this illegality will not stand the test of time”, Eze said

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment
FEATURED2 hours ago

Oborevwori Rewards UNIDEL Best Graduating Student with ₦5m, 30 First-class with N500k Each

FEATURED3 hours ago

48-year-old Suspected Gun Runner Arrested with 969 Rounds of Ammunition in Taraba

FEATURED24 hours ago

Ribadu’s Phone Bugging: DSS to Arraign El-Rufai Feb 25

FEATURED1 day ago

Pakistan Offers to Help Nigeria Fight Terrorism as Defence Adviser Meets COAS

FEATURES1 day ago

Oborevwori Boosts Infrastructure at UNIDEL, Inaugurates Faculties of Engineering, Environmental Sciences

FEATURED2 days ago

How Orubebe and Jonathan Came Close to Losing Their Lives for Amnesty

COMMUNITY REPORT3 days ago

DSCTDA Sustains Cleanup Exercise at Koka Bridge

FEATURED3 days ago

el-Rufai Moved from EFCC to ICPC Detention Facility Over Ongoing Investigations

FEATURED3 days ago

COAS Advocates for Sustainable Veterans’ Welfare Systems Backed by Law

Profiled
FEATURED3 days ago

Alleged $6bn Mambilla Fraud: Agunloye Knew Sunrise Power Owner, Leno Adesanya Before Ministerial Appointment – EFCC Witness

FEATURED3 days ago

Two Arraigned for Alleged N143million Fraud in Benin-City

FEATURED3 days ago

Court Grants EFCC Interim Attachment Order on Nine Mineral-Laden Trucks Impounded in Ilorin

POLITICS3 days ago

Isoko North Chairman Commends Peaceful Conduct of APC Council Ward Congresses

FEATURED4 days ago

Tinubu Signs Order to Eliminate NNPCL’S Deductions, Direct Remittance of Oil Revenues to Federation Account

FEATURED4 days ago

Electoral Act: It’s Not About Politics, It’s About Process – Tinubu

Advertisement
Advertisement

z